Viva Italia!
Close

Viva Italia!

This is a discussion on Viva Italia! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/2108279825.html is there a reason for bringing the exhaust out under your ass? I get a hot enough ass riding around on a black seat ...

Thread: Viva Italia!

Viva Italia!

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/2108279825.html

is there a reason for bringing the exhaust out under your ass? I get a hot enough ass riding around on a black seat without an extra heat element.

since about the 1970s formula racing bikes had high exiting exhaust, simply because having it lower meant dragging hard parts. In the era of the 2 stroke this meant individual pipes exiting on different sides of the bike, which kept the balance of the bike in check. When the 2 stroke era ended in the early 2000s a lot of GP bikes started using 4 into 1s with exits out the tail to better balance the weight distribution. This eventually trickled down to street bikes so that by 2004-05 most of the big liter street bikes had a rear exiting single exhaust. Really this was for looks more than anything else because mounting such a big heavy thing as a DOT street muffler and cat so high up on the centerline isn't as beneficial as having it a lot lower on the bike.

Still, the modern cafe builder often draws from the streetfighter/sportbike world and there are people that thing this looks good.

Anybody who has riden a modern ducati or any undertail conversion bike in just jeans will tell you this gets hot in a hurry.

Personally I think this guzzi just looks ugly with this conversion and the easter egg paint job isn't helping it any. Reminds me of the boattail harleys from the early 1970s, which were not all that pretty themselves. at $4000 he can keep his pasta tractor.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Pasta Tractor... awesome.

Yea.. even though its ugly.. doesnt it make you want to embrace your Italian heritage? Bring a little bit of Mussolinis vengeance to whoever picked the paint?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i got "john deere tractor" when i saw that he painted the shaft drive green.

not my cup of tea either.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Sponsored Links