Deals Gap In Under 9 Minutes - Page 3
Close

Deals Gap In Under 9 Minutes

This is a discussion on Deals Gap In Under 9 Minutes within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; That would be awesome!...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    That would be awesome!
    “I love all kind of motorcycle. But especially I love cafe. Hmm, not cafe, just racer.”
    ~Shinya Kimura

Then even with the gap being patrolled as it is, you'd likely shat yourself being passed by a trio of triple digit machines in very tight and very blind curves.

It's a good place to get killed even if you aren't on the edge.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Then even with the gap being patrolled as it is, you'd likely shat yourself being passed by a trio of triple digit machines in very tight and very blind curves.

It's a good place to get killed even if you aren't on the edge.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Its a very fun road killed by popularity. Damn shame. That's one thing about the innernets and the fast spread of information... everyone knows about it. Many years ago I rode with a couple of other friends midweek. Very little traffic, very fun. I wouldn't bother going there now. It must be a zoo on weekends. That, and those stupid photographers that hang out there....

Hillclimbs... that's what I want to try next year. There's a few in NE, and I know a couple of others that ride them. Sound like fun. Closed private road up a mountain, one rider at a time.

Its a very fun road killed by popularity. Damn shame. That's one thing about the innernets and the fast spread of information... everyone knows about it. Many years ago I rode with a couple of other friends midweek. Very little traffic, very fun. I wouldn't bother going there now. It must be a zoo on weekends. That, and those stupid photographers that hang out there....

Hillclimbs... that's what I want to try next year. There's a few in NE, and I know a couple of others that ride them. Sound like fun. Closed private road up a mountain, one rider at a time.

Many similar impeding morons have had met with very unpleasant ends for less stupid things than blocking up the gap with a rented truck, much less trailer.

Don't be that fool.

Many similar impeding morons have had met with very unpleasant ends for less stupid things than blocking up the gap with a rented truck, much less trailer.

Don't be that fool.

[quote]Originally posted by HackAsaw

Like many Tn roads, the Dragon is lavishly blessed with the taxer payers asphalt and paving crews.

It has many technically correct curves with respect to banking and radii while others show concessions to the stubborn mountains thru which it was carved.

Has only recently become under fire by law enforcement and for years has been the place for unbridled speed orgies.

I've enjoyed many, of the two and four wheeled variety. There are many on this planet that are indeed insane and many of them ceased being so on the Dragon.

The death and injury count climbed to the point as to be sanctioned resulting in the loss of federal road money, so it's a different gig now.

F you missed it...... tough, I doubt it will ever be the same.

There are MANY similar roads throughout the state and my shop is on a very fast one that as of now, seems to be free of constables willing to make high speed chase.

Our roads here are why the very under geared Land Of UK pushrod bikes couldn't hold up.

55mph gearing is miserable on 100mph roads.

Have you ever done push mountain, to the west?
    If it\'s been done it can be done again

[quote]Originally posted by HackAsaw

Like many Tn roads, the Dragon is lavishly blessed with the taxer payers asphalt and paving crews.

It has many technically correct curves with respect to banking and radii while others show concessions to the stubborn mountains thru which it was carved.

Has only recently become under fire by law enforcement and for years has been the place for unbridled speed orgies.

I've enjoyed many, of the two and four wheeled variety. There are many on this planet that are indeed insane and many of them ceased being so on the Dragon.

The death and injury count climbed to the point as to be sanctioned resulting in the loss of federal road money, so it's a different gig now.

F you missed it...... tough, I doubt it will ever be the same.

There are MANY similar roads throughout the state and my shop is on a very fast one that as of now, seems to be free of constables willing to make high speed chase.

Our roads here are why the very under geared Land Of UK pushrod bikes couldn't hold up.

55mph gearing is miserable on 100mph roads.

Have you ever done push mountain, to the west?
    If it\'s been done it can be done again

It was a small ryder truck, Really just an extended van and a come along car trailer towing a toyota corolla. Fit well within the yellow lines on every curve. I wasn't one of those tankers you see taking a turn across both lanes at the end of a blind corner. The only way I would have even been remotely a danger is if you were impatient and wanted to pass, or you crossed the double yellow looking for an apex (which is common). It was on a wednesday in november so nobody was there, we literally had the road to ourselves - I think I passed maybe one or two cars.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links