Van Halen ..Girl girls girls
Close

This is a discussion on Van Halen ..Girl girls girls within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hey I dont mind this being mostly a "Male" hobby sport.But other then JohhnyB racer Wife< where are the women riders here at, no posts ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey I dont mind this being mostly a "Male" hobby sport.But other then JohhnyB racer Wife< where are the women riders here at, no posts from them and I know Von Blonde visites or at least her other half but seeing all the women on bikes I currently see on the road, there has to me some women riding cafe racers lurking about ...so say a peep or two .

well looks like Von Blonde and JohhnyB's wife are the only cafe women around ,I saw a foursome driving assorted modern sport bikes Sunday two men and two women on sport bikes so it seems most women riders I see are on Harleys and a smaller percent on Sport bikes....Itll catch on to a even smaller percent that may get into the vintage cafe thang .I guess same thing with street bikes the ratio is the sameof men drivers alot of Harleys ,then Sport bikes and the very small group of vintage cafe style riders..Thank god!

I saw a woman riding an 1980's ducati at a bike night recently. I consider that a cafe racer so it's out there. One of the guys that used to work for team obsolete (not sure if he lurks here or not), his girlfriend (wife??) rides an old honda with clubman bars on it.

Nothing beats the 93lbs soaking wet 4'10" doll I saw while living in louisiana, she was riding a fully dressed heritage springer. That bike must have been 4.5 times her body weight, she was tiny, but she twisted the wick like a pro.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

More women should get into racing...most have an immediate 50lb advantage over men....a lot of men would kill for that kind of weight off their bike.
    At one time we had about 4 women racing in our club at the same time. All of them competent riders.
    I hear women are the fast growing sector of the bike market right now...about time...we can use the added numbers.
    JohnnyB

a few female friends of mine are really stoked on moto racing. the problem is that since they do not even own or ride motorcycles, the idea of racing is completely abstract to them. " i couldn't do that"... "there are too many things i would have to do, buy"...etc etc. it really is not a big deal. people just have to take the first step. it would be nice to have more woman on the grid. especially when all ya have to look at is tex in a thong.

mt

sometimes ya gotta take what you can get!

jc

well where my shop is on route 1a in salisbury its a path to salisbury beach and hampton beach from boston nothing but bikes go by andy time of day in good weather and in not so good weather(I guess they dont have a car)and I see alot of harley chicks not in a club but independent riders i see sport bike chics on their own bikes have seen stock vintage bikes riden by women looked like they were having a blast but yet to see the female cafe rider but then again I dont see many male vintage cafe riders .Well If i go to vintage day at Loudon I do see more the a few cafe riders.That why I like vintage days at Loudon and Watkins Glen and Lime Rock the vintage stuff is just more nuts and bolts not so cumputer plugged in ,wireless head set communications its all about a small trailor some wrenches and tarp and good people ....well most of them

i ride! though the bmw isn't exactly a cafe racer. i WOULD ride a cafe racer if i could find someone to fix my *#*&@( ducati.

you can see my bikes here

http://www.myspace.com/suki_tawdry

any recommendations for a good vintage ducati mechanic? at this point i'll take it pretty much anywhere in the eastern US.

suki

is that a /2 beemer? Can't really tell from the tank but if it is those bikes are way cool.

What's wrong with your duc?

There is someone on this board who was selling a duc recently on ebay and I think he was a lot closer to you than I am. If you ever find yourself in NYC I have a few people/shops I know who are very good and could work on it.

suki, haven;t heard or seen you in a while. You got the Duc? I thought it was M's.
    Where'd he go? There's BCM Duc in NH. I know Pete disappointed the last time . . .
    scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links