Close

This is a discussion on New Member within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi folks. I had tried awhile back to register, had some problems and kinda walked away. I guess I'm all set now. Anyhow, I'm a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hi folks. I had tried awhile back to register, had some problems and kinda walked away. I guess I'm all set now. Anyhow, I'm a 51 year old enthusiast that will have been riding for 35 years this June.
    I am an original owner of a 86 GSXR750 that at least a few of you here may have seen out on the track at the occasional track day. I'll pop in here every so often and try not to be too much of a "PITA".
    Looking forward to meeting some of you as circumstances allow. I'm trying to figure just how soon I'll be doing a track day this spring, but you know how that can go. If you see me there, I ought to be pretty easy to spot. Not too many of those old girls doing track days.
    Don't be shy, and introduce yourself. I might be working on being a cantankerous old fart, but I promise I won't bite.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

leo
    From one aging old fart, to another: welcome.

Cool, I have an 86 750. Post pics of yours.

Everyone here's a PITA, don't hold back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Hi Tab, I am already an old fart. That is a pretty new bike to me. What miata do you have? Mine is a '91, the brg and tan special- it is a great car, only thing I miss from the old brit cars is that smell of wool carpet and old oil.

I still remember the very first time I ever saw a GSXR. That's the kind of impact it had on me at the time. Is this my JFK?

North Territorial Rd. eastbound, late 1986, driving the Carter Lumber truck, heading back to the yard right after fueling up, 19yrs old... months before I joined the Army...
    Guy blew past me on a red/black/white one, wearing full leathers.
    It was the most awesome machine I had ever seen, ever. I was straining my eyes to read the jumble of letters/numbers on it, trying to figure out what the hell it was, but he was disappearing pretty quickly.
    I think my next clear memory of a GSXR was the next summer, walking back to the barracks at Ft. Hood, TX, in a light rain, watching some dumb-ass goosing the throttle until he kicked out the back end too far & slid into a curb underneath the bike (my pal & I laughed - hey, he had it coming). I also had an Army friend who bought one & used to turn 10s at the post dragstrip. This would have all been 1986-1989.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Nice to hear from some folks so soon. As I said I've had my 86 since new. As the years went by, various thoughts of a new bike came and went.
    The old girl just fits and still makes me smile. Of course, as we both grow older, her capabilities aren't diminishing with age, but my naughty bits are, so a newer bike's abilities would be largely wasted with me in the saddle.
    I have a 93 Miata, white. Sweet little car. I've done some suspension upgrades and a lighter flywheel, that's about it. I haven't auto crossed it yet, but hopefully I will this season,,,, so I can finally learn how to drive it. Can't say how much I'll learn, but I know I'll be one giggling idiot.
    When I mention track days, I'm referring to New Hampshire Motor Speedway. It's pretty much in my back yard, so to speak. Really nice to have a short drive, when you really want to scratch that itch.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

Welcome
    +1 on Miatas.
    Went from german inline 6 to an 2010 MX 5 (we call them like that).
    Less car more fun. Made a lil trip yesterday, 400km. All tiny mountain roads, just so much fun- even my gf enjoyed it.
    Should we all show our Miatas/ MX 5 now?

Chris

Little cars are so much fun . . . .

This little gem has been with me since 1987

Still a gas to drive

OMG, you have one of those???? Holy shiite!! I know Vegas have a less than stellar reputation. I watched many here in NE dissappear into piles of rust. But the Cosworth, whew! Yours looks sweet and well loved. I hope you can keep it,,,, and keep it that way.

I get a lot of invitations to run the red lights from import tuners in town. Got interest in the car being a prop in the new "Fast and Furious" movie shoot - ( I live in Hollywood and my neighbors are all movie people)- I tell the turners "She's retired" As quick as this car is, it's not really a match for turbo Mitsubishi's and Accords. Still fun though. (except for the cheap interior parts rattling around)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links