who wants to move to kansas?
Close

This is a discussion on who wants to move to kansas? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Johnnyracer

I've had that happen all the time with Red Lights not changing. I've even tried to get off the bike and jump up and down on the road to get the light to trigger with no effect. I've run several red lights after an extended period of time of waiting. Here in NY your lucky not to get a 5 year prison term (not really) for running a red light. For sure the fine is heavy enough as you not only have the fine to pay but also extended fees just for going to court.

What they approve in Kansas would never fly an inch here in NY. It's too much of a possible money maker for NY...

Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

running reds in detroit is legal...in so much as it's never enforced and even then, there's never a cop around to see it anyway.

unless they plan on installing red light cameras in the eyes of our soon to be commissioned robocop statue.
    iphone generated fag

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

WI has had it since 2006.

North Carolina(2007), Wisconsin (2006), Idaho (2006) Arkansas (2005), Tennessee (2003) and Minnesota (2002).
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

The rule in New Jersey says after waiting a reasonable period of time you may proceed through a stuck red
    I hear it also helps if you put a big magnet on the bottom of your bike

Rochester NY is starting to install red light cameras. Unless you get off the bike and push it across the street in the x-walk, you'll be getting a ticket.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Isn't there a reflective film of some kind one can lay over the license plate which renders it un-readable by camera but unaffected by the naked eye?

quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

Isn't there a reflective film of some kind one can lay over the license plate which renders it un-readable by camera but unaffected by the naked eye?
    nope. urban legend.
    iphone generated fag

quote:Originally posted by catboy

quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

nope. urban legend.
    nope...it is called polarizing film and it darkens when the flash goes off. It isn't cheap, and you can totally spot it with the naked eye since it will look like your plate has a light tint (unless it is real bright out then it will look like dark tint). there are also plastic covers that distort the plate from any angle but dead on behind - once again you can totally tell. cops can ticket you for it too. In certain states, just having a license plate cover (clear or not) is illegal. you can usually buy sheets of polarizing celluloid at good camera stores, if any still exist.

The stuff you are probably thinking of is photoblocker, and it doesn't work. at all. there isn't even sound principles in science to misinterpret to back it up. And if you really want to try it I believe it is the same stuff as hair spray. The fake science behind it is that it is supposed to reflect the flash and overexpose the film. Spray the plate, get a digital camera with a flash, stand about 10 feet behind your bike, and take a pic. If it comes out then you know, if not they it is a minor miracle, and if by some miracle the virgin mary appears on your plate - stop spraying hairspray in enclosed spaces.

By the way, wanna know the best thing to cover a plate with? a hand full of mud. That way if a cop stops you - you ran though a mud puddle a couple of miles back and you didn't know - decent defense in court too. Used to work great for my jeep. helps if you don't wash your vehicle. ever.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Thanks for the info geets. I think traffic cameras are an abomination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links