The New Guy!
Close

The New Guy!

This is a discussion on The New Guy! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I thought I'd post an intro here before making any threads or asking any questions. I thought I did this over a year ago but ...

Thread: The New Guy!

The New Guy!

I thought I'd post an intro here before making any threads or asking any questions. I thought I did this over a year ago but guess I did not. Anyways, my name is Shawn, I am 23 years old and currently live in North Carolina (originally from Southern California). I have been into and riding dirtbikes, trail bikes, etc since I was only 4 years old. I currently had to sell my dirt bikes to pay my bills but still own a 79 Yamaha XS 750 and an 02 custom soft tail with a S&S Ultima 110ci and 6 speed. I am mostly into older bikes and cars and own 6 hot rods and have sold about 5 or 6 others in the past 3 years (lets just say I've had more vehicles than I've had girlfriends haha).

I bought my 79 XS 750 a few years ago and just now getting started on it and of course going to do a cafe style bike. In my area I have not seen many (if any) cafe racers or at least none that have been done correctly or look and flow decently at all. I am hoping to get mine up and running within the next 3 months. All I really need are a set of tires, brake lines, brakes gone through, bars, seat finished as well as wiring gone over one more time and clutch looked at. I am hoping to get some info and ideas from this site and it is the reason I joined. I do not notice many XS 750's here (probably due to the drive shaft system that noone likes) but that is ok. The only reason I bought mine is because I got it for a complete STEAL with extra wheels, chrome fenders and many other parts and manuals. Pictures soon to come!

If anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to ask!

C O O L !
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

nope....i'm good! thanks and welcome!

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Have you considered converting to chain drive? That way you wouldn't be stuck with the small width rear tire.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

When I first purchased the bike I thought about it... Seemed like it would be heaps of work and not worth it but then again I only went off what others told me on the Yamaha Triples site and what I read. I would love to buy a CB 750 or something anyways and the drive shaft isn't too bad. Like you mentioned though, it does kill that I have to run a skinny rear tire.

Sponsored Links