Close the door
Close

Close the door

This is a discussion on Close the door within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I could not bear to waste another 5 minutes of my life watching you guys dress down another chucklehead who bought a honda magna (watch ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Close the door

Close the door

I could not bear to waste another 5 minutes of my life watching you guys dress down another chucklehead who bought a honda magna (watch - when the hawks dry up - that will come next) and wants to "cafe it out".

Simple solution - close the door. Seen it on a number of other boards - make it member only to post and read posts. There is enough of a base of good people here that if new members were only friends and family of current members - the quality would still be good (or as questionable as its always been).

Or is that people just like beating on the new kids? In that case -congrats on being another event in the internet special olympics.

Nah, keep it open. There's still an awful lot of good people out there that haven't joined this site. Just because you get a new dipshit every now and then isn't enough of a reason to close things up.

New kids only get beat on when they come in asking for advice and then try to tell you how the advice given is wrong.

Craig

Mental midget tossing is an event in the Internet special Olympics?! I am gonna git me a gold!!!!!!!!!

I flame I discriminatly, mostly because I have an audience here that I think laughs at my jokes. A couple of you even suggested I get a twitter account and just post Geeto-isms once a day. The moment you guys tell me the joke is no longer funny I'll punch out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

As much of a pita it can be to filter out the noobs I don't think closing the door is the right step. I've seen it on other message boards and it only hastened the board's dissolution.

All hobbies have a certain life cycle to them. People get interested, join a group, learn what they can, contribute in some way (typically by sharing their knowledge/experience), recruit new members, organize related activities, etc. But eventually, once you've learned all you want to learn, have experienced all the BS and drama you want to suffer, or simply have a change of interest or life circumstance, many members fade out. Fortunately, if the hobby is any good to begin with, new members replenish the pool. A few old geezers stick around to keep the flame alive for the next generation.

In boards that have become closed circles I've noticed that the pool never gets replenished, the experience becomes stale, and participation continually declines until there isn't enough interest to sustain it any more.

quote:Originally posted by Derby

I could not bear to waste another 5 minutes of my life watching you guys dress down another chucklehead who bought a honda magna (watch - when the hawks dry up - that will come next) and wants to "cafe it out".

Simple solution - close the door. Seen it on a number of other boards - make it member only to post and read posts. There is enough of a base of good people here that if new members were only friends and family of current members - the quality would still be good (or as questionable as its always been).

Or is that people just like beating on the new kids? In that case -congrats on being another event in the internet special olympics.
    STFU noob!
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

Right. Lovely. Blow me.

Let the retard festival continue. Was merely a suggestion, assclown.

quote:Originally posted by Derby

Right. Lovely. Blow me.

Let the retard festival continue. Was merely a suggestion, assclown.
    Someone has their knickers in a bunch.

A bit sensitive, aren't we?

Sounds like a personal problem.

Name calling and personal attacks are the last resort of the wit-challenged and the socially mediocre.

I suppose I'm not surprised by your response..

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

Now that I think about it, I have a better idea.. How about we leave the door open so you may more readily find your way out?

"Name calling and personal attacks are the last resort of the wit-challenged and the socially mediocre."

You mean like calling someone a "noob"?

Craig

Settle down there tough guy. Your opening salvo was "STFU Noob". Any my response...that's how I would respond if someone said that in real life. Save the amateur psychology.

"Wit challenged", "socially mediocre" - wow - hostile much? I know a lot of folks on this board in real life. I wrote this suggestion after getting off the phone with Geeto for the second time today. I didnt show up on this board out of the blue with a broken down cb450, a set of clubmans and my dick in my hand. People complained on a daily basis about jokers showing up everyday who didn't "get it". So I made a suggestion. It wasnt supported - fine. No nickers twisted, no panties bunched. So relax.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links