Help a starving artist...
Close

This is a discussion on Help a starving artist... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; A friend of mine is starting up a business after years as a sign maker. Take a look at his site, http://www.car-tooner.com I gave him ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JD

A friend of mine is starting up a business after years as a sign maker. Take a look at his site, http://www.car-tooner.com

I gave him a pic of my 550 and this is what he came up with, pretty cool! I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word with car guys or bike guys you know.

cheers!
    JD

well dream your dream ..I know of a guy that was in advertising and was a cartoonist on the side,he said watching me build sports car and going for it inspired him to submit drawings to places in california and within a few months got hired for his cartoon and sold his share of his advertizing business and is in Ca doing cartoons you have to do what you love the rest will follow ....!

PS the cars lifted showing floor pans is a unique twist thats a direction to add to your personal "THING" as its different in this style of drawings.Also your forward section thrust is another unique twist on this style of drawing, where you have a natural nack for that perspective,thats also a signature style to keep ..hey man good luck.

Edited by - LILBull on Nov 28 2005 6:55:53 PM

I especially like the Skull and Crossbones, you must have added recently JD. You really are cooler than I thought.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

does he do pinstriping? like von dutch style pin striping? Lotsa money and work in that if he does.

JD
    quote:
    You really are cooler than I thought.

you know it brother!

Cool...I like it!!
    JohnnyB

me too. i think he shold sell some of the prints he has on his website. i can appreciate the art. i just can't afford to send him 150 bones for an original. i like the malibu, but mostly the sw bus.

tex

yeah, i like the bus too. id like him to do our bug. and maybe my 550. and of course my fastback torino gt. man, the list could go on and on. pretty neat. i bet he'll get some work.

jc

quote:
    well dream your dream ..I know of a guy that was in advertising and was a cartoonist on the side,he said watching me build sports car and going for it inspired him to submit drawings to places in california and within a few months got hired for his cartoon and sold his share of his advertizing business and is in Ca doing cartoons you have to do what you love the rest will follow ....!

PS the cars lifted showing floor pans is a unique twist thats a direction to add to your personal "THING" as its different in this style of drawings.Also your forward section thrust is another unique twist on this style of drawing, where you have a natural nack for that perspective,thats also a signature style to keep ..hey man good luck.

quote:

-----------------------------------------------------
    thanks for the positive feed! look for more in the next few days..most important, glad you like my style..means alot- scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links