CB750 still running like crap!
Close

This is a discussion on CB750 still running like crap! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Got my CB back from the shop for the second carb cleaning. Thing was running ok for a bit. Not great very rough felt some ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Got my CB back from the shop for the second carb cleaning. Thing was running ok for a bit. Not great very rough felt some flat spots in the rev range but when the rpm's built it smoothed out. Mechanic told me that the idle circuit on carb on is partially clogged like someone was trying to clean it out and broke something off in there. That air mixture screw was missing and is installed. When the mechanic test road it he said it ran ok and would die if you hit the throttle too hard but was rideable. So the bike was running and got up the road. I pulled into the gas station to fill up. Then then bike wouldn't go anymore. It just died when I tried to put it in gear and move. It still idled. I couldn't get it to ride a foot further without choking it. After I chocked it I got it going and turned off the choked because it didn't ride at speed with the choke. So at lights I chocked it and on the road I turned the chock off and got it home. I am going to pull the plugs and see what they tell me but I think I might need new carbs or re jetting. Any other bright ideas would be appreciated.
    I know I am a retard for not buying a bike that ran well in the beginning. I'm kicking myself in the ass everyday for it.

Oh yeah and this mechanic put brand new plugs in so maybe that is why the jetting could be suspect the performance worsened as the plugs fouled?

I'm sorry, but your mechanic sounds like he doesn't have a clue about your carbs. Don't kick yourself in the ass. This an opportunity for you to get in there and learn what makes those carbs work. GET A FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL!
    Here is another thought. Maybe somebody here has a set of proper carbs for that bike that you can buy. Get that thing up and running.
    Take the old carbs and find somebody here who knows them inside-out, and get them serviced correctly.
    As Yoda might say, "valuable knowledge here to be learned,,,, you will."
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

pods or airbox? what kind of exhaust?

plugs only give you useful information after you perform a proper chop.
    iphone generated fag

Seem to remember this guy doesn't want to work on the bike at all....
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Is this the same spot you took it to the first time around? Weren't they supposed to have cleaned your carbs initially? And he still found shit busted or missing? I hope this guy is paying you...

No this new guy very good clean. Took pics and fixed last guys clean. Bike ran good for a few miles. Maybe not good good but ok. Then it went downhill at the gas station. Mechanic asked me if I put diesel. Old school Jardine turn out pipes with stock airbox. A proper chop test is performed by getting on the road and getting up to speed then closing the throttle and finally killing the bike after engine braking for a bit? Is that the gist?

BTW Jag what are you bored? Just go around after me posting that I don't want to work on my bike? Must be nice to have that kind of time on your hands. Can I borrow some? Then I might be able to wrench a little more.

BTW Jag what are you bored? Just go around after me posting that I don't want to work on my bike? Must be nice to have that kind of time on your hands. Can I borrow some? Then I might be able to wrench a little more.

Nope not following you around here...sorry

In your other threads you were given info, ideas and manuals from myself and others.

I'm kind of lost as to what you want.
    YOU need to read the manual and try and understand how your bike works then figure out what it needs. Taking it to a bunch of shitty shops will not help.
    Might have some luck if you find a shop that works on old bikes only

But maybe this is a fresh leaf for you
    Let's start at the basics.
    What's the compression in the motor?
    Motor is timed 100%?
    good spark?
    How old is the fuel?
    Seem to remember something about a different set of carbs on your bike? If so what year are they off of?
    Carbs syced?
    Pods?
    Have you pulled the plugs? Do you know how to read plugs?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links