right place....right time!
Close

This is a discussion on right place....right time! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so i believe i made another friend yesterday. i was driving home from an open house at bob's bmw in maryland last night at 5:00pm ...

so i believe i made another friend yesterday. i was driving home from an open house at bob's bmw in maryland last night at 5:00pm (ish) and was heading north on I-95 over the bridge in philly that connects the airport side to the navy yard and stadiums, when i notice traffic slowed. this has been a normal occurance since they have been painting the tressels for the last few months. anyhow....i'm in the far left lane, when i spy the problem which is a white car far right lane with it's 4ways on. i then spy a man pushing a CB350 Honda up the (hill) bridge. i quickly look in my mirrors and move over 2 lanes to the right (about 100 yards in front of him), throw my 4ways on, open the back doors of the sprinter, unload the ramp, and push his bike in to the wheel chock, tie down the front end, and we both jumped in less than a minute later and we're on our way. as we drove to a gas station (his reserve tank feature wasn't working), he introduced himself as Marco. we arrived at a BP station where we met up with his son and friend in a alfa romeo spyder. Marco filled it up, the bike fired to life and he (they) were back on their way. i received a nice thank you email from him today and wanted to share this with you all.

he mentioned that he is a customer of mine which i also thought was pretty neat. small world for sure. great to help a fellow rider (and especially a CB350 rider) when in need.

hope everyone rides safe this weekend.

cheers,

texy
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Nice one Tex! A rare happening in this day and age.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Thats good stuff man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Good job Texy,
    Reminds me of a trip I was on from WI to MD in the late 70's on my CB400F. I was on the PA turnpike and was just at the end of the on ramp from a gas station when I felt my rear tire go flat. I figured I would need to pull the wheel walk all the way back up the ramp to the gas station, figure out how to get a tube from the nearest shop and get it replaced and back to the bike, if it was still there, and be on my way hours or days later. I put the bike on the centerstand, pulled the rear wheel off and started about three feet back up the road when a car pulls over. The guy saw the flat and pulled a new 400 18 tube out of a bag in his trunk and gave it to me. I replaced the tube, rolled it up to the gas station filled it up and was putting the wheel back on about a half hour after the flat. The guy wouldn't let me even pay him for the tube. Bike people are good people.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Thats good stuff man.

Ran my '72 Bonneville out of gas on the expressway, shortly after I bought it (hadn't figured out the separate on/reserve petcock thing yet)... it was well past midnight, and I wasn't leaving it on the side of the road. Just happened that the midnight shift was getting out of work at a local factory, and a guy stopped, offered me a ride to get gas. Minutes later, another guy stopped, and I soon learned the he worked for the first guy in the same factory. Second guy stayed on the shoulder with the bike, first guy drove me to fetch a gallon of gas, and back to the bike.
    Dead Jim never rode past a motorcyclist in need, regardless of what they were riding... he always on a 40+yr old H-D. These are all good lessons.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Tex,
    You gotta stop by when you're making those runs on 95. Both my places are a mile and a half off 95 om 202 north.

What was the name of that place in Philly that you know the chef? I'll be heading up there a couple times in the next week or two checking a fewplaces out for "inspiration" for a menu redo
    1988 FZ600

Try 10 Arts at the Ritz Carlton or try Standard Tap in Northern Liberties. Both are run by women, and both are very good friends.
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Ah...I was borrowing a friends xt250 when I was in Paraguay....I ran out of fuel five miles from the town I lived in.... I was starting the hike to a farmer's house that I worked with to get a gallon of fuel...when a guy with his ox cart and ox came around the bend.... We hoisted the xt onto the cart and we headed into town. The guy wouldn't accept any money, but I did buy him a beer.

Good will is international...kudos to you tex.

Sponsored Links