more on zack
Close

more on zack

This is a discussion on more on zack within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; hey zach, see the results for usgpru this year?? me...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more on zack

more on zack

hey zach, see the results for usgpru this year??

me

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

no. fill me in.

Z

won both the 125 and 250 usgpru championships. he got 3rd at vir in 250 on his 125. he was dq'd though for not showing up to final weigh in which im assuming he wouldnt have made. (kind of moot though wouldnt you think?? i dunno) won the final 125 race from the 9th row by almost 10 seconds. i finally got around to reading the roadracing world from december. its all in there. the kids no rossi, but hes pretty good. and yeah, the bikes and money help.

let me ask you something, why a 250 now?? with it pretty much killed in this country why ride one? not being critical. just wondering in general. seems like going to a 600 after a 125 would be the way to go. like you were talking about. i mean, i realize there are financial limitations and stuff for privateers. an r6 or cbr6 isnt something everyone can afford to just go out and buy. maybe the 250 gp bikes are just easier on the wallet. especailly since you can get one a few years old and still be pretty quick if youre a good rider. i dont know, i was just wondering.

jc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yea, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Here's what happened;
    I was at Steve Aspland's (Rising Sun Cycles) trailer getting parts for my 125 and his 250 was sitting in the trailer. So I said, "Hey, why don't you let me ride that thing, fly the flag, and whoop on some folks". Then he said, "Hmmm, that might be a possibility". Later that day he says it'll probly work out, and there I go. I bought gas, some tires and entered races.
    So the short answer is that the 250 was a free ride (pretty much), and if I had landed a 600 I would have done that instead. I need a 600 still. I wont be able to live my life if I never make a run at pro racing.

Z

chris has been chattering about doing it too. with someone else backing him. i think hes too old though. ill let him talk about it though if he wants.

j

Zack...why can't you pick up a decent used 600 race bike, run some LRRS/CCS races....kick some butt...go from there.

Even with inferior equipment you are going to make a decent showing for yourself, probably running top five a lot of the time....then hopefully someone will take notice of how you finish on less than perfect equipment and perhaps give you a ride.

I think it's fucked up that the USCRA doesn't sponsor a rider like you in modern racing. Well...I think it's fucked up a lot of things the USCRA doesn't do with their resources....some freakin cheap Mofo's overall. Get about 150 club members invovled...that's a lot of bread....even just $20 a person gives you $3000 a year for tires, fuel and entries. Not to mention what a lot of members could do for you in the way of parts, transportation, services, know-how etc. Nope, not going to happen, bunch of freakin miserable Luddites for the most part. Like to bitch and moan about how good the old days were while making the NEW days suck for everyone else. If we had that Frontier Land attitude throughout the club...that would rock. And you'd have a ride. See...now I'm getting bitter.
    JohnnyB

Edited by - jbranson on Dec 12 2005 07:54:38 AM

but has the topic ever been broached with Heir Coy? I think it is a great idea . . . a bike with USCRA graphics (and SKULL) stickers all over it. and zacko riding it. I'd give cash . . . but there are over 300 members, and if we just raised dues $10.00, that would cover it . . . instant sponsorship. Zach, how much dough does it take?

I got more to say on this and the 350 later. . .

s

I'm with you Scott....I'd kick in cash no problem to sponsor our own bad boy Zack....I bet you could come up with 50 members that would kick it up right now.

Only problem is...oversight...can't have Zack buying crack, hookers, or speed parts that he'll use to beat us in vintage.

Ok ok...crack and whores are cool...but nothing to beat us in vintage.

JohnnyB

PS. What the fuck....the more I think about this the more I can't believe we don't already do it....jeez, if we are too freakin lame to build our own race track the very least we can do is sponsor a promising member to compete in the big time. I can see it now...big as "USCRA" across the side of the bike etc. Very cool.

Edited by - jbranson on Dec 12 2005 09:26:33 AM

no offense zack, but why sponsor you?

tex

zach's cute.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links