Ace cafe coming to America?
Close

This is a discussion on Ace cafe coming to America? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Saw this recently: http://allaboutbikes.com/motorcyle-n...afe-london-usa Smells like a sell out but....it'd still be kinda cool to have an Ace cafe we could visit here in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saw this recently:

http://allaboutbikes.com/motorcyle-n...afe-london-usa

Smells like a sell out but....it'd still be kinda cool to have an Ace cafe we could visit here in the ole colonies
    #555 FCB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

think this has been covered -

"ghey"

"lame"

"double ghey"

and i think someone posted -

"double herpes ghey with lame gravy"

Hmmmmm, tell us how you really feel about it.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

do you think it will cause a split in "cafe" bikes?
    like people will start building different bikes for going to the ace cafe as they would for going to Starbucks?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Nothing wrong with that as long as the food don't suck...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

not necessarily my opinion. just the consensus i felt around here.

I'm not too concerned. I've been riding what I've wanted to ride,,, since I started to ride. So how is an eatery/watering hole going to change that?
    At least the decor might be a little more interesting than the typical crap you find at an Applebee's/Chili's/ Unos'/etc/etc.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

I dunno, you guys can hate on the posers and hipsters all you want...but at least a new kind of motorcyclist is becoming a bit more mainstream then the typical full dresser hog types. The more people we attract to the industry the better it is for us all. I'm with tabby....I'd rather drop my lunch dollars at a place that at least pretends to give a shit about motorcyclists.
    #555 FCB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

Id go instead of applebees if the food was at least okay and it had cool decorations like fairly nice looking bikes why not? Its another place to eat. Who really cares. Theres sellouts/cashins in any hobby. In music punk has been a fashion statement for the masses for the past 10 years. I bet die hard celtics fans get angry because jerseys cost an arm and a leg because everyone wants one. I know I get mad when a "ricer" with a body kit and fart can rips up and down the street and since I drive a honda I must be just like him. Hooray somewhere else to eat that kinda sorta pertains to my hobby, and at least is good for a laugh. A different laugh than my underpowered cheap(well it was supposed to be a year ago) decrepid cb350 gives me, but at least its a laugh. I hope they serve pie.
    \"I don\'t care how muh that lossa cb is a marvel of Japanese Shinto temple inspired design meets mid century streamline design aesthetic, at the end of the day it is still a chick bike.\"
    - <3 Geeto

I would rather drop my lunch dollars at a place that gives a shit about food rather than a tacky gimmic to draw in suckers from our hobby.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links