Am I the only one who hates these guys? - Page 6
Close

Am I the only one who hates these guys?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who hates these guys? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by catboy except for ken. he's mean. Am not! In fact, I don't even hate the Falcon, although I wouldn't build it ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    quote:Originally posted by catboy

except for ken. he's mean.
    Am not! In fact, I don't even hate the Falcon, although I wouldn't build it like that or own it. It just isn't practical enough for me. I would change the tires, wheels, brakes, seat, bars and that goofy leather thing on the tank. If I was going to spend a butt load of money on a bike as art, I would get and RC 30 or ELR or maybe a TZ750 to park in the living room.

In fact, I still dislike people that don't know what they want because they are so un-original that they need somebody to tell them what is cool. I don't even hate the chopper and bobber bikes if they are done well, there just seems to be a larger proportion of hackers on those bikes. I am still all about function over form when it comes to bikes. There is just too much cool bling out there that works really well, too if you feel the need to spend money. Want to drop real money? Get some Magnesium or CF wheels. How about some Supermoto spoke wheels with wide alloy rims and big ss spokes. Very artistic and practical.

Ken

WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Ken,

It sounds like Catboy has your goat and is making a lot of goats milk with it.

If the falcon is art it is the Thomas Kinkade painting of motorcycles. Something someone with more money than sense buys to display in their home. I liked my wank book analogy better.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67
    If the falcon is art it is the Thomas Kinkade painting of motorcycles. Something someone with more money than sense buys to display in their home.

Perfect!
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

What that bike needs is a wideline featherbed frame. And get rid of that butt ugly exhaust pipe.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Geeto,
    Excellent post re priorities of life. It is easy to jump from meaningless obsession to meaningless obsession as means of escape or distraction. I know I have done that on a number of occasions for years at a time. Only at 40 am I starting to pull my head out of my ass – starting – it aint completely out yet and could back slide at any moment.

Anyway – the opinions can educate – over a time of saturation on a subject you start to figure out that some opinions are helpful and some are worthless. Part of the process.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links