Am I the only one who hates these guys?
Close

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who hates these guys? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...ycle/#comments "Hate"may be too strong a word, perhaps. Question raised in this article is whether the buyer will ever ride the bike... of course he/she ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...ycle/#comments

"Hate"may be too strong a word, perhaps.

Question raised in this article is whether the buyer will ever ride the bike... of course he/she won't. Having worked the PR machine to the Nth degree, anyone with enough cash to buy a Falcon product (I very carefully refused to refer to it as a motorcycle), is buying an investment (Jay Leno excepted... Malcolm Forbes is long dead).

All I see is a conventionally "chopperized" Vincent - replace the English motor with something from S&S, and what do you have? My understanding is that suspension (front primarily, but also rear) was the weak link in these machines. Doesn't look like either end has been addressed... still wearing the same obsolete (but admittedly handsome) girder forks.

I love Vincents, but this leaves me colder than my ex-wife.
    Very cynical Judey really wants to tell Ian what-his-name, in his ghey (but fashionable, in an understated unfashionable way) flannel shirt to "Go fuck himself"... but we all remember that last episode, no?
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

I've never been a huge Vincent fan and that one leaves me cold. Looking at it I'm trying to figure what were they trying to achieve? The handlebars look like its trying to be an old board tracker. Meggas on a Vincent? All I could really see was a total waste of two GPs and matchboxes.

When I see Jewel, art and exquisite in a paragraph about a motorcyle I get nervous.

P.S. Judey. At the time those Vincent girders were way ahead of any of the telescopic forks. When they are good (as opposed to ignored for 50 years) they are great.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

I've never been a huge Vincent fan and that one leaves me cold. Looking at it I'm trying to figure what were they trying to achieve? The handlebars look like its trying to be an old board tracker. Meggas on a Vincent? All I could really see was a total waste of two GPs and matchboxes.

When I see Jewel, art and exquisite in a paragraph about a motorcyle I get nervous.

P.S. Judey. At the time those Vincent girders were way ahead of any of the telescopic forks. When they are good (as opposed to ignored for 50 years) they are great.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yep - I guess I just see a waste of a good Vincent engine there too.

Yep - I guess I just see a waste of a good Vincent engine there too.

I would like the owner to ride the shit out of it, let it break (hopefully not in a manner causing injury or worse) then bringing it back and going, "hey, your handy work is not good enough".

I would support cynical Judey voicing his opinion to Ian whats his face.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

I would like the owner to ride the shit out of it, let it break (hopefully not in a manner causing injury or worse) then bringing it back and going, "hey, your handy work is not good enough".

I would support cynical Judey voicing his opinion to Ian whats his face.
    That's like, your opinion, man.

leo
    Thank you. No. you're not.

Yeah, hate is perhaps too strong a word, but certainly highly ambivalent. Thanks for sharing the Kneeslider piece. Nice to know it's not just me.

Not to keep grinding this silly "Project Badger" axe, but the Badger was at least partially inspired as a backlash towards the whole over wrought, art bike thing. I mean I like pretty stuff as much as, if not more so then the next guy. But SIX guys spending a YEAR to build a bike? Gimme a fucking break.

Don't get me wrong. You gotta at least respect his chops. And to be honest, speaking only for myself, there is an element of envy. I mean Je*us, where does the money come from? Does he sell the things for a quarter mil? If he does good for him.

Now I'm certainly not going to compare the Badger with his Kestrel or the Black, but one thing I know:

This bike WILL get ridden!

Cheers,
    Leo

leo
    Thank you. No. you're not.

Yeah, hate is perhaps too strong a word, but certainly highly ambivalent. Thanks for sharing the Kneeslider piece. Nice to know it's not just me.

Not to keep grinding this silly "Project Badger" axe, but the Badger was at least partially inspired as a backlash towards the whole over wrought, art bike thing. I mean I like pretty stuff as much as, if not more so then the next guy. But SIX guys spending a YEAR to build a bike? Gimme a fucking break.

Don't get me wrong. You gotta at least respect his chops. And to be honest, speaking only for myself, there is an element of envy. I mean Je*us, where does the money come from? Does he sell the things for a quarter mil? If he does good for him.

Now I'm certainly not going to compare the Badger with his Kestrel or the Black, but one thing I know:

This bike WILL get ridden!

Cheers,
    Leo

god damn do i love the badger!
    iphone generated fag

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links