Forum suggestion
Close

Forum suggestion

This is a discussion on Forum suggestion within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Well it seems like we are expanding alittle with many new members. got me thinking..... can we add two extra sections to the forum? maybe ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum suggestion

Well it seems like we are expanding alittle with many new members.
    got me thinking.....
    can we add two extra sections to the forum?
    maybe one that is just intros and another that is just "Hey i found this piece of shit bike and wanted to know if i could build a cafe out of it for no money if i put no time into it and try to convince my father to borrow his tools because i have none and lure my friend that i think knows everything there is to know about bikes over for a few PBRs"
    but really an intro and bike section might help free up the general section.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

why do you think the general section is too clogged?

the second idea is a little silly, because no one would really use it (shouldn't they start a thread in project builds?!???), and it looks like you just want the mods to move more threads around.

i'll talk to the other mods and admins about it.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

why do you think the general section is too clogged?

the second idea is a little silly, because no one would really use it (shouldn't they start a thread in project builds?!???), and it looks like you just want the mods to move more threads around.

i'll talk to the other mods and admins about it.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I vote nay. I'm not a mod, but since it was posted openly, I'll say that I don't think the general section is clogged at all. In fact, I think there is less useful talk happening here than there once was.

I also think there is less use of the project builds section than there used to be. At any rate, doesn't make much sense to me to dilute the current sections.

I vote nay. I'm not a mod, but since it was posted openly, I'll say that I don't think the general section is clogged at all. In fact, I think there is less useful talk happening here than there once was.

I also think there is less use of the project builds section than there used to be. At any rate, doesn't make much sense to me to dilute the current sections.

I do think that there are to many stupid titled threads in the general section that are just asking opinions of CL adds. maybe thats just a new trend and it will fade....
    I agree that more threads should be started in the project section.
    Like I said it was just an idea i was throwing out there
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

In fact, I think there is less useful talk happening here than there once was.
    That's because we've lernt you.

I've said an intro section for awhile. The HAMB has a big ass rules before you register section, then you're supposed to do an intro before you post on the regular forum. If it were seperate I could ignore it better.

No other subcategories though. Most of the other sites I go to only have two or three active sections anyhow.

-1 to more categories.

just say no to feature creep.

DTT is unnavigable because of all the categories..

DTT is unnavagable because you gag, choke, and vomit halfway through reading all those dopey category titles.

I vote yeah BUT ONLY IF we get to call it "who the fuck are you".

Compared to all the car boards and other bike boards out there we are like the wild fucking west. And much like the wild west we seem to attract our fair share of retards, people looking for fast answers, and the criminally stupid. Maybe some rules would class up the joint but to be honest I love your re-res so damn much!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I think the general section is the dumpster category of most every forum. Either that or the tech category. Those are the two most popular categories on most forums. The project category is tough; I guess I could classify my bike as a project (now), but it didn't start out that way. I tried to keep all my stupid questions to one thread originally but I think it annoyed most.
    I belong to a couple other forums. I like the simplicity of this one and the content is by far the most entertaining.
    1988 FZ600

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links