Honda Interceptor VTR250?
Close

This is a discussion on Honda Interceptor VTR250? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; What good about this bike? I don't know much about modern bikes, I am more a classic guy myself. I currently have a 1971 CL350. ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What good about this bike? I don't know much about modern bikes, I am more a classic guy myself. I currently have a 1971 CL350.

I came across one thats for sale ($250)

The owner hasn't rode the bike for the past year. It has been sitting outside uncovered D:
    Last time it was taken out there was nothing wrong with it. They also say the bike needs a carb cleaning, and the throttle is stuck. I am also going to assume its going to need a new battery, oil filter and change as well just for starters.

Now for the worst part, if it sitting outside wasn't bad enough. The owner has moved, and has the keys to the bike and lock. And wont ship them until their is a payment on the bike.
    I do know that the owner is a real person, and this bike belongs to them, and all that. So I will make precautions, If I choose to buy the bike so I don't pay for something that I am not getting.

However this also means, I wont know how big of a project I am getting myself in to until it is to late. I can and have looked at the bike, it is real, However with the keys I can check most of the bike, from what i could see it was all there, and intact. I would like to see if the engine is seized from sitting, is there a way to do this, without the keys? I know there is a automatic wheel lock on this bike, but not sure if it locks just the front, or back or both.

If I were to buy the bike it would come with the title, a few parts (new taillights & blinkers as it appears she dropped the bike while standing) and some other random things that were acquired in their travels. I would also get to keep the Kyrpto lock that the bike is currently lockup with.

Worst comes to worst, they don't give the me keys and I out some cash. But I am going to come up with a plan to avoid something like that happening. maybe a half now half later sorta thing. But after that, the bike is fucked from sitting, I have a Kyrpto lock and a bike to part out, or an intense project on my hands.

So am I being moronic even thinking about it?
    If you can make it here,
    no one will care

Roper rides one as his daily mount if that means anything. Excellent bike if it is working, but one without any parts support if it is not. I have a box of shit for one someone can have if they needed it, mostly plastic bits, no keys.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Cool little bike. I'd ride it.

Selling situation is sketchy though.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

If I go for this bike, I will contact you about that box-o-shit
    If you can make it here,
    no one will care

I agree 100%, If I can work something out with the owner where I feel comfortable buying it from them then I probably will jump on it.
    If you can make it here,
    no one will care

For $250, you can't go wrong. They are a nice little bike and the front forks are a nice upgrade for the CB350 if you decide to turn it into parts.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Good thinking Ken, I have been thinking of updating the front brake to my CL to a disc brake. just haven't got my hands on a cb550 front end yet.

So over all, if I can get around this sketchy buy, which is still lingering over my head, it seems like a good decision.
    If you can make it here,
    no one will care

Doesn't the vtr250 have some funky inboard brake?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Early ones did. It was kinda funky. Mixed opinions on how well they worked.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

One of the models had an internal disc brake, if thats what you are referring to, but this model doesn't have that, it has the normal set up for a disc brake.

I believe it was the 1989 model that had the internal disc, this is a 90 from what I can tell (based off of paint job)
    If you can make it here,
    no one will care

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links