only "Half Bare".......
Close

only "Half Bare".......

This is a discussion on only "Half Bare"....... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; tis the season to be in stripes.....I couldnt leave bare metal but they are in paint sort of ..War Horse and LiL Bull "in color" ...

only "Half Bare".......

tis the season to be in stripes.....I couldnt leave bare metal but they are in paint sort of ..War Horse and LiL Bull "in color"

http://www.georgescustomcars.com/cafe%20paint.html

don't like the stripes. looks like reverse craftsman tool cabinets

thats ok if you dont ,and thanks for your honesty! I hoped for "A REACTION" in my view, building of anything,it has to cause, a reaction ...I want people to look at it and say it sucks or they like it.

Im happy with a reaction neg or pos.What I wouldnt want is indifference, then I have failed

If I left the tank just clear coated, would have looked like I didnt have paint.I like the stripes its old school and fun, besides I doubt,I will see another one like it.And I like that more!

George

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 14 2005 6:41:18 PM

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 15 2005 10:19:32 AM

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

needs some old school pinstriping. Definatly a black, white, or gold border stripe (could doo yellow too but then people would call your bikes mcdonalds racers). Also if it were me I would have roughted up the tank a little more with a da sander just to give it an interesting texture.

Bull if you want I do pinstriping so uf you send me the tins I'll lay down some lines for you - I do von dutch style not kafka (feathry 70's Gay) style. Maybe a nice set of lines on the headlight, around the gas cap and on the tail. Now that I have some free time turnaround will be fairly quick. shoot me an e-mail you know the address.

Also, eastwood sells a damasescing (engine turning - sp) kit that is pretty easy to use although time consuming. You could do a little section in the knee area kinda like reverse knee pads.

Otherwise looks good.

Edited by - Geeto67 on Dec 14 2005 5:53:24 PM

well... you dont understand I can do all that...its not in the look I was after .you have to see them in person they are DA with 8o grit then cleared they look bad ass.
    I didnt take out dents ,I didnt detail the stripes or go crazy ..just simple.restrained "BAD_ASS" in a 50's/60's "B" movie way.What was the elvis movie "SPIN OUT " I think was the name all those sixties racecars with out of sync shifting sounds.

EVEN better thick "RUSS MYERS FILMS" RUN PUSSY CAT...! Kill ! Kill ! Kill!!!! ah now we are talking.Look that film up boys .

The stripes ,very Cool and I like them.They need nothing.Just Purfect
    Plain and "SIMPLE" with "Attitude" and they have plenty to spare.

But thanks for your comments .
    P.S. Ive been to von dutchs shop in cali. Geeto you should put up a site with your work and do some on the side.

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 15 2005 07:56:18 AM

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 15 2005 10:24:36 AM

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 15 2005 5:55:17 PM

quote:
    well... you dont understand I can do all that...its not in the look I was after .you have to see them in person they are DA with 8o grit then cleared they look bad ass.
    I didnt take out dents ,I didnt detail the stripes or go crazy ..just simple.restrained "BAD_ASS" in a 50's/60's "B" movie way.
    Very Cool and I like them.They need nothing.Just Purfect
    Plain and "SIMPLE" with "Attitude"

But thanks for your comments .
    P.S. Ive been to von dutchs shop in cali. Geeto you should put up a site with your work and do some on the side.

Edited by - LiLBull on Dec 15 2005 07:56:18 AM
    working on it. Severly hampered by the fact that I don't own a digital camera.

geeto I dont either just hook my web cam to my lap top....I mean how many hats can a guy wear and do them all,well.johnnyb has a good cam...by the way johnnyb what are you using? Such good shots, your show and tells, always tell .

Yo' Geeeto, if your in NY I could use some "striping"...

Cheers, A.D.

quote:

Yo' Geeeto, if your in NY I could use some "striping"...

Cheers, A.D.
    Sure A.D., Whadda ya need done? If you prefer to talk in private e-mail me and we'll talk. Do you need it before christmas or after?

shoot me a msg at : [email protected]

(there is an underscore btw Dean and Morarity)

Edited by - Geeto67 on Dec 15 2005 5:51:52 PM

Sponsored Links