Cafe Racer Forum banner

edit: RECOVERED RACE BIKE

3K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  texmawby 
#1 ·
The van containing my race bike just got broken into, and my bike stolen. It's a stock tt500 frame with a quick change rear wheel, upside-down '79 YZ400 swingarm, Kawasaki mag front wheel, Grimeca brake and a dented aluminum fuel tank. I believe the van was parked somewhere in the Bronx, I'll update that as I get more info. Pics below. Any info, please get in touch with me (Scott) directly at 917. 595 0541.

See less See more
#2 ·
Shitballs, man. I'm sorry. I hope that fucker gets his dick caught in a taffy maker.

#8 ·
Thanks, Geeto. I wondered the same thing about renter's insurance, unfortunately I don't have any so it doesn't matter. I'm not feeling too optimistic about getting it back, but wanted to put some photos out there anyway. Best case is I'll have a story similar to Tex's race bike recovery, but more likely I'm done for the season.

#9 ·
search ebay and cl for the next six months. Chances are the people that stole the van wanted the van, not the bike inside and may try to offload it or part it out. I would say why not post a pic on CL and offer a reward (I have $200 I could add to the pot).

was this wingnut's van?

#11 ·
12 hours later, the bikes have already been found! Apparently the kids who stole them couldn't figure out how to get them started, so they just ditched them a couple blocks away from where the van was parked. I haven't seen my bike yet, but it sounds like they're safe and sound, and my leathers/boots/steel shoe were left in the van, so I'm good to race next weekend. Thanks for the support and concern, I've definitely gotten unbelievably lucky today.

#19 ·
Great news.
I hope at least one of the little shits broke his ankle trying to start a race 500 :D
Good job it wasn't a 250, they could probably start one of those, if only by accident

#27 ·
Scott,

Glad your thieves were as dumb as mine. They couldn't get mine started either. Never turned the fuel on and were confused about GP shift (were trying to bump start it in 5th), plus I put the volt meter on it when I got it home (11V) so if it did pop off it would of run like shit and not for long. I still get a lot of joy thinking of those pricks pushing and pushing and pushing with no joy!

Cheers and good luck in the race!

Tex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.