TX750?
Close

TX750?

This is a discussion on TX750? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; can anyone tell me about these bikes? good or bad. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT...

Thread: TX750?

TX750?

can anyone tell me about these bikes? good or bad.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    'old hooligan...

I'd like to know something definitive about it too. I've read about them and how they were "ill fated" but don't know squat beyond that. The only things I've heard of, had something to do with a couterbalancer and its' chain drive being problematic. I'm scratching my head.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

The sump on the 73's was too shallow and whipped the oil into a froth. Bubbly oil doesn't lubricate well. The late production 73's and the 74's was deeper, no more oil froth. The "Omni-Phase" counterbalancer was prone to problems. Coulda been a decent bike. If you get one, the '74 edition is better.
    I believe we have run out of trolls.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

ok, they are very rare over here in UK , the only ones in UK have been imported from USA so theres not a lot to choose from and very rarely come up for sale.
    'old hooligan...

it has valves tony. don't do it.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

ha ha , thats what my pals keep tellin me
    'old hooligan...

http://cgi.ebay.at/Oldtimer-Praxis-1...-/320698792670

i have the issue somewhere but after my housemove, god only knows where. good publication that rips a bike motor down to brass tack each issue and this was one with the tx. i think classic bike or motorcycle had a look through it back in the 90's too when i used to collect them.

if i trip over my issue i'll chuck mit through the scanner for you. though for the three euro that ebay one woulda gone for including post, keep your eye out. santa ana or i can translate it for you if need be. of course the owner who is into them gave a glowing report but states that the first series model he had when new gave dramas and yamaha replaced the engine for the later type free of charge ending near all dramas.

i think they're pretty. but hate extra chains and something as finnicky as a balance shaft should be more positively driven by gears. picture if you will two single cylinder engines phased at 180 degrees with a rubber v belt linking them.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

The first model, the engine was breaking like glass but yamaha have taking care of this by replacing engine or parts at their charge just like honda did with the interceptor.The balancer shafts chain tensionner is not the same.They made modifications for the '74 model.
    I sold a rear tx750 hub to a guy in UK 2 month ago.I think it was for a xs650 project.
    The best parts of these bike is the rims (flanged did).
    If the engine is still running after all those years i think the test is made.This bike is rare over here too.
    marc
    honda cb350 1973
    suzuki gs1000 1978

Sponsored Links