the queens not dead, long live the new older queen
Close

This is a discussion on the queens not dead, long live the new older queen within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Issabelleh the DT200(95)is approaching the end of her borrowed time. three more sleeps and she is officially out of rego for the first time since ...

Issabelleh the DT200(95)is approaching the end of her borrowed time. three more sleeps and she is officially out of rego for the first time since i put her on the road at start of last decade. she's not going anywhere or being put out to pasture, but semiretired to an easier and alternate life. i'm retaining ownership but donating her to a mate to teach his son on private property, how to ride, basic maintenance, and not crashing (if he can help it at least) other peoples posessions. he is 13 dad and mum are long term previous riders. issa is tatty and not averse to abuse and sliding down the road/slamming into trees and getting dropped heavily in the bush. if max listens and learns from dad then he has a long safe cycling life ahead of him. on 3 acres with road legal exhaust she isn't going to piss off any of his neighbours and its better he's not doing the "learning basics on the street" that many poor idiots with finance and desire to look cool lumber themselves with.

Anzyela the 87 CBR1000F passed her roadworthy and got her plate on friday and is set to take up the daily driver mantle from issa. she's not home right now as i've taken her to mum and dads (they're almost neighbours of max's mum and dad) and will pick her up tuesday when issa makes her last legal run on the tarmac, but i want the next three days to have a little closure and de bonding time with my faithful little girl.

the kicker is that fred and rosy live beside a series of trails that lead to two secluded beaches on which issa has proved very fun and capable and max understands that i might drop out every now and then to rekindle with the little 16 year old chook chaser when the mood takes me. she's not dead and doesn't need to be, just gonna be living a different sorta life from now on.

cheers, enga.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

Glad I'm not the only one who names his bikes. Good on ya mate!
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

got a harem as well tabby?

bikes, cars, watches. all have and should have names and be female so you can swear at them on an individual one to one basis when they turn to shit.luckily i don't speak any japanese or many a relationship would be very shortlived. must ask you also tab, had much to do with the later gsxr's? theres a very affordable 92 gixxer in my neighbourhood that looks less fucked than its pricetag indicates.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by engel

all have and should have names and be female so you can swear at them on an individual one to one basis when they turn to shit.
    Your a trippy dude!
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

issa has left the building. she rode faultlessly for her last two days of roadable life and felt strong and wieldy to the point i'm sad to remove her from a diet of tarmac touring. already relishing a trundle on the beach next weekend. mirrors and rego label are now gone and the plate shall come off and go on my sheds wall. and having anzy on the road removes the guilt of commuting my other girls. got a couple of final day photos to commemorate the occasion.

so long old girl, hope the change is as good as a holiday.

Sponsored Links