cl350 on hold, but....
Close

cl350 on hold, but....

This is a discussion on cl350 on hold, but.... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Had to put the project on hold for a couple of months. A house that the wife and I have been lusting over for about ...

cl350 on hold, but....

Had to put the project on hold for a couple of months. A house that the wife and I have been lusting over for about 6 years came on the market and I bought it this morning! Mid '50's modern sitting on a hill about 450 feet above downtown and the university of arkansas. Hell of a view and a walk/driveout basement that is gonna be the new shop.

Good new on the bike front is the '85 gs550 I bought a couple of weeks ago is running great, I think routine maintenance will keep it going for quite a while.
    220, 221 whatever it takes.

Grats man!
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

Pics of the house, please. Ex owns my unremodelled 1947 dream house. Love post-war design!

... well, it was unremodelled when I moved out. I'm probably financing an extensive remodel as we speak.
    (bitch has horrible taste)

I might even have a nice lamp to sell you. It's very tacky & pink.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Very cool. Congrats. I also second Judey - pics please!

I like tacky and pink. Let's see it. Wife went out and bought a vintage arco lamp yesterday afternoon. The loop on it is like 6' tall, huge!

Re pics...I STILL have not set up a photobucket or flicker account. Will get that done soon, I need to post the bikes as well. (Don't wait! Procrastinate now!)

Judey, ever heard of Faye Jones? Google him. The designer of this house worked for him in the '60's. Very similar to Faye's early stuff. Faye was the dean of the School of Architecture at the U of A for a while, now its named after him. We've got a little work to do on it, but nothing major. I'm in the construction biz so its not that big of a deal.

Alright. 99% moved. Could use a lot of mind and back numbing drugs right k ow, but.....that basemnt/shop is.... Wait for it... Got a/c and heat! All of about 500sf of it. Soo may the cl won't be on hold too long!!!

Sponsored Links