this may be mine come tomorrow
Close

This is a discussion on this may be mine come tomorrow within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; http://valdosta.craigslist.org/mcy/2576268500.html but not for that price......

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

been emailing back and forth with the guy all day, talked to him this evening. aparently it was someones night drag bike (what we call street racing down here) some years back. owner says it has drag struts on it, not sure. hes intrested in a couple of projects i have, im intrested in a couple of his (this included)...gonna look at it tomorrow. what should i look for?
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

get a vin number. Chances are it is a 1971. However if it is a 1972 H1C (1972 H1b's came with disc brakes, but there is a rare parts clearing model called the H1C that had drums) then you really get a screaming deal. The neck tag will tell you all. Read this whole page of links, you'll be an h1 expert in no time:

http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/

that bike is pretty beat. Early h1 (pre 1973) case covers are expensive. Check to see if it has CDI or points (there was one year that came with points, as a project a lot easier to get back to running but CDI is always more desirable). You'll want to identify the parts on that bike (I think the chambers are TNT) that are aftermarket. really evaluate the crash damage as I think that fall wiped out the oil pump.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

ok, i got it. traded a 4 wheeler that i dont ride any more for it.

its a 1971 H1A, with the CDI. will post pics soon.

ok here they are.

damage to the side. the clutch cover, rotor cover and button are broke, as well as the part that the oil lines connect to, the engine cases are good though.

CDI boxes, i hope they work

it has like a steering damper on it, looks like its factory? has a knob on the top that threads a bolt down through the neck to the underside of the triple tree to some friction plates.

need to find out how to get the dents out of these chambers.

front brake is pretty damn big

carbs, gonna sort them out. the guy said there was pods on it but they were falling apart.

aluminum bars for rear shocks. DIY hardail i guess

Steering dampener is factory. Some of the early ones Came with a neck dampener and a side mount as well. And they needed it.

Strut bars are a common drag race part. I forget who made the tubular aluminum ones but those are not home made. I have a circycle set still in the packaging if you want to see they are not home made. 70s parts were just crude.

- Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

my motocross buddy's use putting water in their chambers and freezing them, make sure the ends are capped so the water can't escape and viola the freezing expands the chambers.
    Kyle,
    sold it to pay bills looking for a new one.

My old mototorcycle buddy who has owned an 72 H2 since new told me at one point that guys used to take 2X4s and pound the pipes in like that for better cornering clearance.
    “I love all kind of motorcycle. But especially I love cafe. Hmm, not cafe, just racer.”
    ~Shinya Kimura

now what im torn about doing to this bike, is should i get it back on the road, or should i make a drag bike out of it? theres nothing like the sound of an H1 crackling at a stop light, and dusting a kid on a EX500 or something...but i really want to build a race bike...

Do both. Ever drag track I know has a street legal bracket drag class. Usually called fastest street bike. My kh500 was a dedicated brackets bike an I used it less than I wanted to, my kz900 is setup as a fastest street bike contender with an 11 sec index but won't pass the rules because of the welded hardtail struts. My cb750 was my daily rider and it has the most track time out of all my bikes because it was super fun to ride to the track, pay $35, and make endless test and tune passes.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links