New member introducing myself
Close

This is a discussion on New member introducing myself within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi everyone my name is Allen I am a fabricator from Texas. I'm 24 years old and work out of a 2 car garage for ...

Hi everyone my name is Allen I am a fabricator from Texas. I'm 24 years old and work out of a 2 car garage for the time being. I have mig and tig welder, paint/fab skills and a good eye for aesthetically pleasing motorcycles. I've done only choppers and bobbers up until this point. I just acquired an '81 Kawasaki kz 250 that I am gonna cafe out. I will make my own mold for tail/tank cap. I may use fiberglass or carbon fiber for the bodywork. Here are some of my previous builds:

****Warning: Chopper & bobber material below!!!

A cm400 I build out of a couple scrap bikes from the junkyard

Some of my custom paintwork:

A 2001 vstar650 that I chopped. Started with a stock bike

Let the hazing begin!

Welcome to the forum.

Now prepare to hear all about right turns and using clip ons with forward controls... [:0]
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

move to australia. we turn left mostly. you'll want your rear shocks back but.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by DesmoDog
    Now prepare to hear all about right turns and using clip ons with forward controls... [:0]
    not from me....it's a chopper, part of the new "street cred" is how uncomfortable can you make the bike and still ride it. I think that bikes has tons of street cred.

kidding aside, it is nice to see someone build a cb400/450T custom that isn't a cheap hipster cafe racer.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Welcome,

Like the tank paint on the V Star. Is there something blue on top or that a reflection?

Hope someday to chop a CM400 myself.

The core group here is more about vintage roadracing and/or other forms of motorsport. Hence we're more about function than pretty, poseur shit. Although anything that facilitates blowjobs from hipster chics can't be all bad...

We tell it like it is and flip each other a ton of shit. If you could hear the voices in our collective heads, it's hilarious.

Yup, you will learn a lot from these fellows. But it will be fed to you with spoonfuls of salt,,,, not sugar. With your fab skills, you might even be able to re-train yourself to make a bike that actually works.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

Yup, you will learn a lot from these fellows. But it will be fed to you with spoonfuls of salt,,,, not sugar. With your fab skills, you might even be able to re-train yourself to make a bike that actually works.
    Aging fart on a soon to be antique. 86 GSXR750, 883 Cosworth kit, head milled .015, 5 angle valve job, Yosh Stg 2 cams and spring kit, Extrudehone porting, Mikuni RS38s, Hindle exhaust, Falicon crank work, Carrillo rods, 17\" Dymag wheels, EBC rotors and pads, SS lines, Ohlins shock, \"Ti\" rear spring, Raceteched forks, 127 rwhp, 10.82 @ 130.7 in the 1/4. Not the bestest or fastest, but pretty frikkin tough.

Sponsored Links