Winter Riding - Page 3
Close

Winter Riding

This is a discussion on Winter Riding within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Depends on what we are talking, full gear? full suit? jacket? gloves? I'm selling my Daily Driver(car) so the money will be used to keep ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter Riding

Depends on what we are talking, full gear? full suit? jacket? gloves? I'm selling my Daily Driver(car) so the money will be used to keep me riding all winter. I'd like to not spend a fortune but I understand good aint cheap. $100~ for non heated gloves, Under $500 for a jacket, hopefully under $300 for pants just for a rough idea.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

GL prices are pretty low around here.

$1800 49,000 miles

$1000 52,000 miles

$1200 undressed

$1800 Suzuki cavalcade

The one I posted in the beginning just got reposted for $1550
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

I can attest to the warmth and smart craftsmanship of REV'IT's cold weather stuff. Though I didn't actually ride in it, it made drinking beer high in the grandstands on a very windy and chilly night in west MI a hell of a lot more comfortable.
    iphone generated fag

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Well come on with it Tex what ya got? Its getting cold out.

Looking for something like the Rev'it axis pants, they just dont seem warm enough. I need some overpants so I can wear work clothes underneath in temps around 30~

Over pants should never be designed in my opinion as one that comes with a thermal liner to drop. If you want to dip down to that temp, you should have midlayers on underneath your slacks. Think polar tech material.

Yes you can buy winter gloves for under $100....but you get what you pay for. ....I find those gloves to feel like a snow mitt, they might be water resistant, but not water proof, and if they are they will be PVC coated, won't breath, and your sweaty hand will always pull the lining out when you remove it, forcing you to jam the fingers in with a pen almost everytime you ride.

advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Look into a goretex glove with Xtrafit technology....but be prepared to pay for it too.

If I were you, I'd look into heated gear. I think it fits you budget.

Budget be damned, buy these REV'IT! products from Revzilla: kelvin or Alaska GTX gloves, rival boots, tour winter socks, dragon or sand or brighton jackets, sand or factor (if you can find them) pants ....and you'll be good to go.
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

I saw the Sand pants and really like them. Do you think they will work? I'd fork over the money for them, I wear jeans to work so I dont mind throwing something over them its not like I wear a suit to work.

I'm thinking heated gloves are the only way since those are the what gets the coldest on me.

My regular socks and Gore-tek boots keep me plenty warm. The pants and gloves are the real weak points. The only other weak point was my neck but I got a neck wrap and solved that problem.

You might also look at CartHart clothing. Nothing against the other products but you might get a better deal. The other option open to you is to purchase a snowmobile suit w/snowmobile boots. You can get a full suit that you wear street clothing underneath. You can order aftermarket snow suits from ebay for less than $200.00.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links