Winter Riding
Close

Winter Riding

This is a discussion on Winter Riding within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm just riding my bike full time now and I need to get some specific riding gear for winter. I froze today and need some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Riding

Winter Riding

I'm just riding my bike full time now and I need to get some specific riding gear for winter. I froze today and need some suggestions. I am not going to hook up the stuff for heated gear on my Ninja but as soon as I sell my car I am going to buy another bike for the winter and crusing like a goldwing or silverwing or maybe even a URAL. I am looking for some good gloves, because I'll probably get the heated liners, some warm leather or windproof pants, face masks etc. Anybody have any recommendations?

I have my concerns about these but I hear people who use them really like them, does anybody have any experience?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-MO...item4aaecca2d2
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Or maybe heated grip? I don't like this idea because it only warms your palms but mayeb I'm wrong.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

i have worn these gloves in the winter and they are very warm, fully WP.
    http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...r-Elite-Gloves

and the price is right

heated grips are great when combined w wind guard.
    Internet arguments are like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I don’t use them, but I do see them on BMWs and dual sport bikes all the time.
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

I'd check a snowmobile shop - they have a cover that fit over the handle bars that act like outer gloves oven mitts - you stick your hands inside and with regular gloves your hands will much warmer. Depending where you live (I didn't check) if you have snow and salt on the roads, your going to trash your bike - I'd recommend a three wheeler because of the ice and snow..

Checking your first link - that's the kind of oven mitt I was talking about - 19 bucks is a deal as the snowmobile ones are more expensive but are more than likely better made...

I see your in Virgina - I'd still worry about snow and ice...

Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Yeah, I am in Roanoke, VA. We can get snow so the salt and such is a big enough deal to worry about. My Zx14 will be off duty as soon as I get another one. If I weren't so skinny I'd buy a Goldwing right now. There are several on CL in my town for $1000 - $1500 good running titled shape. I just don't think I can back the 825 pounds up.

I wouldn't worry about the size of the GLW as they are very well balanced and are one of the best riders out there. Aside from being dead nuts reliable they handle very well and are cheap to own. If you can keep a Zx14 up - you would have zero issues with a GLW.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Really? I have never ridden one so I don't really know I was just concerned about the weight being 5'10" 145 pounds. The 14 isnt bad at 550 pounds. I'd love to get one with reverse. I'd be dangerous then.

$1600
    http://roanoke.craigslist.org/mcy/2676284163.html

heated grips warm whatever is in contact with them, so if only your palms are touching then that is only what will get warm. Personally I actually curl my fingers around the grip and they get just as warm as the my palm.

Make sure your charging system is up to the task, my cb750 had a short and I had to remove them eventually because they caused an already existing fuse popping condition to become worse.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    A two wheel drive Ural outfit would be pretty cool, it's designed for the frozen tundra
    Almost anything with a sidecar should be fun and reasonably safe (because of sidecar wheel 'lead' they don't get too tail happy )
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links