Theoretically speaking, if I were a douche... - Page 2
Close

Theoretically speaking, if I were a douche...

This is a discussion on Theoretically speaking, if I were a douche... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The weight of the cb450 is around 410lbs. In order to loose 100lbs (about 25% of it's total weight), you would have to take all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The weight of the cb450 is around 410lbs. In order to loose 100lbs (about 25% of it's total weight), you would have to take all the metal parts like tank, fenders, side covers and such off the bike and replace them with reproduction plastic parts, replace the steel wheels for aluminum, change all the screws, bolts, axle and such to some lighter weight metal and so forth.... Even with all that - you might loose somewhere like 40-60lbs.

You would be better off loosing 100lbs of your own body weight and leaving the bike alone...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

a healthy shit and an empty bladder is good for at least 5 lbs and doesn't cost a cent
    iphone generated fag

leave it alone you fucking degenerate.

then sell it to me.

instant loss of 410 pounds.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by bmartin

The weight of the cb450 is around 410lbs. In order to loose 100lbs (about 25% of it's total weight), you would have to take all the metal parts like tank, fenders, side covers and such off the bike and replace them with reproduction plastic parts, replace the steel wheels for aluminum, change all the screws, bolts, axle and such to some lighter weight metal and so forth.... Even with all that - you might loose somewhere like 40-60lbs.
    What about the new, lightweight moly frame? And what do you think such a thing might cost?

quote:Originally posted by engel

leave it alone you fucking degenerate.

then sell it to me.

instant loss of 410 pounds.
    That's the kind of reply I was looking for. Cheers! Or is it Pröst with you?

Either way, if I ever become a millionaire and for whatever reason have nothing better to do than this, please rest assured knowing all the original stuff would go into storage, making a resto possible at some undetermined time.

cheers, prost, etc... all work fine. my standard comment to other drinkers is "geddadogubyayafadmoll". so far translations into german lose some context in the process. try telling someone to have a hound inserted in their rectum you non compact prostitute and they look at you sort of bewildered. i'm starting to question my abilities as an ambassador for australia when abroad in fact.
    BFF of Ken, inheritor of same status with Tex, erstwhile defender of young Kerry, and general village idiot sans village. Glen.

Ti frame and swingarm
    Ti fork tubes and handlebars
    Carbon/Kevlar tank, seat pan, engine covers (painted to look like alu.) and fenders -paint to suit
    single wall polished stainless pipes and aluminum mufflers styled to look like those
    aluminum rims and spoke nipples
    Aluminum non-load bearing screws and bolts
    Ti axles, hardware etc
    VM30's in place of OE carbs with pods hidden behind CF side covers
    A123 battery
    Lightened crank, undercut and beveled gears, lightened pistons.
    Helium filled sealed frame tubes
    Healthy shit
    Dummy started
    minimized wiring
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Good ideas, all. I'm still curious on price estimates for any/all of this...

Ti frame? Holy fuck.

quote:Originally posted by mlinder

50k will get you a 60rwhp 450 thats probably 80lbs less than stock and handles a lot better.

You want completely stock looking?

Send the check to me. Message me for address.
    These 60 horses: are they streetable, or race horses?

quote:Originally posted by spacmanspif300

Good ideas, all. I'm still curious on price estimates for any/all of this...

Ti frame? Holy fuck.
    Bakker Frambou in Holland makes replica Manx frames in Ti. Last price I heard was 18,000 euros. But it comes with a mag swingarm for that price.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

I haven't a clue where one would commission something like this.
    I have tig welded Ti successfully and I can lay up resinous cloth structures.
    Throw me $15,000 and I'll make it happen!

edit: by the way...how would this make you a douche? Pay me to build it and you'd be my best friend and I can vouchsafe that my BFF could NEVER be a douche! hehe
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links