Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Page 5
Close

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

This is a discussion on Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Well, I can't thank you all enough for making me not only feel stupid when it comes to bikes, but also when it comes to ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Well, I can't thank you all enough for making me not only feel stupid when it comes to bikes, but also when it comes to literature.

I read some comic books once. And I read the funnies too.

Actually, I'm currently reading Sex, Sin and Zen. Kinda funny but it ain't no Salinger stuff.
    1988 FZ600

Ok tex, that's about enough of that shit. That's about as readable as that stupid chinese spam that gets posted here.

I'm glad Faulkner is dead so he can't write any more crap like that.

quote:
    "They both bore it as though in deliberate flagellant exaltation of physical misery transmogrified into the spirits' travail of the two young mend during that time fifty years ago, or forty-eight rather, then forty-seven and then forty-six, since it was '64 and then '65..."
    How in the fucking hell is this classic literature? My high school English teachers would have hung me from a lamppost for this kind of writing.
    "This site is bullshit."

You left out Richard Brautigan
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

And Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Bah! Sorry, but my espresso sipping beat lit days have given over to non fiction long ago.

I should be getting this from Amazon either today or tomorrow. Since I've rarely found a sports action - (and I aint talking about football, baseball or basketball (those are games)- book worthy of my time. I am especially looking forward to this from M. Cannell.

A friend called me about it not because he knows I like vintage GP stuff, but because he was interested in the fact that the film rights were purchased before the book even hit the shelves - that's pretty rare.

Tobey McGuire of Spiderman fame scored the rights and apparently production casting begins immediately. I need to find a way to weasel my way into this somehow - I suppose they will be building some reproduction classic race cars? I'm putting out feelers.

Since we know McGuire will play Phil Hill, who do you guys think should play von Trips?

One name: Charles M. Schulz. All you ever need to know about life.

Suprised we don't have any Noam Chomsky fans here. Some would put him in the same company as some of the writers/philosophers mentioned.
    220, 221 whatever it takes.

Now thats a book i could get into!!
    George,
    Let me know if you enjoy it. It looks great.
    Phil Hill was incredible.

I can honestly say I don't recall reading much classic lit. I got half way through breakfast of champions. I know I read Tom Sawyer and almost certain I read something, or started to, from Faulkner, but I guess it's not my thing. I did enjoy the Thoreau and Whitman I read, that stuff was maybe aittle more "basic".
    I read a bunch of books on Buddhism and Zen etc... And they were along the lines of Art and Zem of MCM. Ironically I started reading the sample on iBooks a month or so ago and it didn't grab me. I get the feeling it's a book similar to Golf In the Kingdom, which I read 3-4 times.
    I'm not even going to make the lame excuse that I wish I more time to read cuz I have plenty.
    1988 FZ600

quote:Originally posted by borzwazie

How in the fucking hell is this classic literature? My high school English teachers would have hung me from a lamppost for this kind of writing.
    its called stream of consciousness. its a writing style that is not discussed much in High school. Not everyone's cup of tea but if you trash that you have to trash Joyce, Bolano and some beatnicks too. I admit, Tex's excerpt is a bit much...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links