Unfuckingbelievable
Close

Unfuckingbelievable

This is a discussion on Unfuckingbelievable within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Ferrari's Michael Schumacher has told the French newspaper L'Equipe that MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi can make the jump to Formula One. "Absolutely, it's completely ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FR

Unfuckingbelievable

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher has told the French newspaper L'Equipe that MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi can make the jump to Formula One.

"Absolutely, it's completely possible for him," the seven-time World Champion told the paper yesterday.

"He has enough talent to get there. I would even say that it is easier to go from bikes to cars than the other way round," added the German, who tested a Ducati MotoGP bike last year after Rossi had driven his Ferrari. "And when, like him, you have this special feeling on two wheels, you can use it perfectly on four wheels." Rossi completed his third and final day in the multi-team Formula One test at Valencia in Spain yesterday, ending up 11th fastest. Rossi was a little over a second slower than Schumacher, but was the talk of the test.

"Rossi astonishes," declared Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport in a front page headline, with drivers applauding the Italian.

"It's nice that he's driving with us," said BMW's Canadian Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 champion. "Looking at how he's going, however, he should give up motorbikes and join us. Maybe I should move to bikes. I think it's perfectly normal that he should be driving well, even if the last few tenths are always the hardest to gain."

Schumacher enjoyed having Rossi at the test because the focus shifted elsewhere, he said.

"It's better, because it's easier for me to work."

FR

FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

The man's got it.

Z

i want any of those dudes to get on a motogp bike and be 11th fastest!

rossi rules (everything)!

tex

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

It would get me watching F1 again.

Only thing that sucks is that for the next five years everyone that wins MotoGP will only have won "because Rossi isn't there anymore"...at least that's what the press will say.
    JohnnyB

i'll say it too.

tex

Ain't fair though. If your aren't there you aren't there. One could as easily say Rossi only wins cause Agostini is too old. Or any number of excuses. So when some new hotshoe starts winning, we will actually never know who would win, but people will unfairly say that Rossi would have won.

It will be awesome to watch him in F1 though. Doesn't matter if he becomes a winner or a loser...it will still be entertaining because of the coverage he'll get.
    But if history is any judge, he won't make a huge impact on the sport from a success stand point. Even Mike the bike tried it...he didn't flop terribly but was also never a threat to anyone.
    He's got size on his side. His light weight is bound to help.
    JohnnyB

He's pretty tall, Rossi. Skinny as all heck, but pretty tall.
    Mike the Bike transferred at an easier time too, seems to me. Closer to the time of Surtees' two and four wheeled championships. It was Surtees right?

Z

Yep I think it was Surtee's.
    And if by "easier" time you mean a time when there was no dominant drivers...I agree. And by easier I'd say the technology was easier to learn back then, and the envelope of driver performance that would get you to the front was larger.
    Just like lap times on a bike, I think lap times in a car prove you can operate the car...not necessarily win a race. I heard he spun quite a few times in testing...all it takes is once in a race and you are done.
    But...Rossi has some amazing skills. It will be fun. I'd love to see him win the championship....it would show that a bike guy can do a car guys job....but the reverse is almost never done.
    JohnnyB

bfd
    Now that F1 and MotoGP are owned by the same company I wonder if any $ was layed out to stay in the "family". When was the last time a new driver entered F1 with such a huge fan club already in place. F1 would be stupid not to pull out all the stops to put him in a car.
    bfd

I find most car racing kind of boring, even F1. It too often turns into a follow the leader type of racing. I think that MotoGP and good old American dirt track are the most entertaining currently, but what made the MotoGP fun was Rossi switching away from Honda to Yamaha. When he was riding the Honda the race was sometimes boring.

Dirt track is usually always good to watch as the bikes and their riders are so evenly matched. There's always passing happening at the end of a straight due to the drafting, and you can see the whole race from the grandstand. I'm definitely going to Syracuse this June and catch the mile up there. I'll get a room, as the race will be at night (Sat night) and it's way too far to drive home from at 1:00 in the AM. If anyone else is coming, bring a sleeping bag and you can crash with us.

Dgy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links