show off your bike, win $30. - Page 3
Close

show off your bike, win $30.

This is a discussion on show off your bike, win $30. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Rock & Ride? Bwaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Haaaaaa!!!!! Haaaaaaa!!!!!! Oooohh, hooo, that's good stuff!...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rock & Ride?

Bwaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Haaaaaa!!!!! Haaaaaaa!!!!!!

Oooohh, hooo, that's good stuff!

1988 FZ600

gene, post it up and get the most likes on the pic and you get the prize.

geeto, I actually started the Pittsburgh Riders (www.PittsburghRiders.com) to bring anyone into bikes together for rides and to help each other out, to encourange those that are just getting into it or don't get out much to ride and rack up the miles. I organize rides frequently and plan events always geared towards bringing riders together and getting people past lame stereotypes. I started Rock and Ride because I got sick of guys feeling like they didn't fit in because they were not riding a harley or others feeling like they had to wear stuff that said HD. To me it doesn't matter what you ride but that you ride, the only think that bothers me is people that buy a bike then put about 100 miles a year going to bike night. Instead of bitching about how stupid it is I choose to invest my life savings into doing something to change the problem I saw... and I am far from breaking even. Months ago I offered to financally support and advertise on this site but no one ever responded. I support a lot of the small local events such as Pinned Ohio and Mods Vs Rockers Pittsburgh, I try to help everyone else with their motorcycle related businesses such as Bridge City Chop Shop, Filthmachine Magizine, tibemoto.com, old school helmets, etc... because at the heart of what I am doing is not about making money but making a difference. I would like to make a profit and be able to support my family through Rock and Ride, who wouldn't like to make a living doing something they actually are passion about. If thats something this community can't get behind, thats ok. I help 2 or 3 people every spring get their first bike and help them understand the bike, how to take care of it. I help about a dozen guys around pittsburgh with storage every year because they don't have a garage or shed to keep their bikes in. But then I guess it would be easier to do nothing and base the people that do... But that is what hipsters do...

gene, post it up and get the most likes on the pic and you get the prize.

geeto, I actually started the Pittsburgh Riders (www.PittsburghRiders.com) to bring anyone into bikes together for rides and to help each other out, to encourange those that are just getting into it or don't get out much to ride and rack up the miles. I organize rides frequently and plan events always geared towards bringing riders together and getting people past lame stereotypes. I started Rock and Ride because I got sick of guys feeling like they didn't fit in because they were not riding a harley or others feeling like they had to wear stuff that said HD. To me it doesn't matter what you ride but that you ride, the only think that bothers me is people that buy a bike then put about 100 miles a year going to bike night. Instead of bitching about how stupid it is I choose to invest my life savings into doing something to change the problem I saw... and I am far from breaking even. Months ago I offered to financally support and advertise on this site but no one ever responded. I support a lot of the small local events such as Pinned Ohio and Mods Vs Rockers Pittsburgh, I try to help everyone else with their motorcycle related businesses such as Bridge City Chop Shop, Filthmachine Magizine, tibemoto.com, old school helmets, etc... because at the heart of what I am doing is not about making money but making a difference. I would like to make a profit and be able to support my family through Rock and Ride, who wouldn't like to make a living doing something they actually are passion about. If thats something this community can't get behind, thats ok. I help 2 or 3 people every spring get their first bike and help them understand the bike, how to take care of it. I help about a dozen guys around pittsburgh with storage every year because they don't have a garage or shed to keep their bikes in. But then I guess it would be easier to do nothing and base the people that do... But that is what hipsters do...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Dude,
    You're barking up the wrong tree here. This isn't a place where riding is a "lifestyle", it's just something they do. It's mostly about guys building and racing vintage bikes: what they do on their off time isn't relavent, so to speak. No one here sets out to promote riding. They've just been doing it through "osmosis" most of their lives because they've been around bikes and been riding bikes most of their lives. It's what they do. Just fo and watch the video of Geeto riding the chopper. Does he look like someone who "Rocks and Rides"? Geeto will forget more about bikes than most people will ever learn, and most of the guys here follow suit. They've never considered the need for Squiggy's old leather jacket with a bunch of pins on it or bandanas and Chucks as a prerequiset to "ride".

It's all nice nice that you've set out to help teh less fortunate and welcome them to the "Scene". This new interest in vintage bikes and rockin and ridin is almost insulting here. Go on and continue on your journey to help teh less fortunate, it truly is a nice gesture, just not something thats needed here.
    1988 FZ600

Dude,
    You're barking up the wrong tree here. This isn't a place where riding is a "lifestyle", it's just something they do. It's mostly about guys building and racing vintage bikes: what they do on their off time isn't relavent, so to speak. No one here sets out to promote riding. They've just been doing it through "osmosis" most of their lives because they've been around bikes and been riding bikes most of their lives. It's what they do. Just fo and watch the video of Geeto riding the chopper. Does he look like someone who "Rocks and Rides"? Geeto will forget more about bikes than most people will ever learn, and most of the guys here follow suit. They've never considered the need for Squiggy's old leather jacket with a bunch of pins on it or bandanas and Chucks as a prerequiset to "ride".

It's all nice nice that you've set out to help teh less fortunate and welcome them to the "Scene". This new interest in vintage bikes and rockin and ridin is almost insulting here. Go on and continue on your journey to help teh less fortunate, it truly is a nice gesture, just not something thats needed here.
    1988 FZ600

Why must you bash Harley riders. Hasn't the stock suffered enough.

So you go through all this because of Harley Riders. WTF guy? You telling me you exclude Harley riders from your rides? Does this make your riders feel better about themselves?

When you get a clue as to what motorcycles are about please drop me an email.
    Gene
    USCRA 521

Why must you bash Harley riders. Hasn't the stock suffered enough.

So you go through all this because of Harley Riders. WTF guy? You telling me you exclude Harley riders from your rides? Does this make your riders feel better about themselves?

When you get a clue as to what motorcycles are about please drop me an email.
    Gene
    USCRA 521

...walked into a minefield with that one... there should be a sticky somewhere about how not to do that...

...walked into a minefield with that one... there should be a sticky somewhere about how not to do that...

Hey, what's wrong with bashing Harley riders and Harleys in general?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links