Strange trades indeed..... - Page 4
Close

Strange trades indeed.....

This is a discussion on Strange trades indeed..... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by Bret A guy came by the shop to check out some of my seats. He said he liked the tail of ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    quote:Originally posted by Bret

A guy came by the shop to check out some of my seats. He said he liked the tail of one seat, but prefered the seating area of another. He said he knew how to do fiberglass and asked if he could take both seats to use as guides to carve a piece of foam to use as a pattern to make his own seat. He offered to compenstae me with custom photography of my wife. He claimed he specialized in "nude bedroom poses".
    PASS.
    Love it!
    take a mold of your seats and get to see the wife naked....funny

yeah ive gotten the all kinds of strange trades.
    but if you through enough shit against the wall something might stick so i normally read up alittle bit on the trades.

i traded an air rifle a few dollars and a bag of bagels for a cb175 once...
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I'm currently trying to buy a dirtbike and all the Yz/cr 250f ads state, "will trade straight across for newer 450f". I realize someone might want to downsize but who will trade a newer more expensive bike for your clapped out metal mulisha 250? I guess it's worth a shot.

My favorite is when they have a load of random crap that, "you can sell for way more than what the bike is worth!" well go ahead and sell all your shit and call me when you have the money.

I'm currently trying to buy a dirtbike and all the Yz/cr 250f ads state, "will trade straight across for newer 450f". I realize someone might want to downsize but who will trade a newer more expensive bike for your clapped out metal mulisha 250? I guess it's worth a shot.

My favorite is when they have a load of random crap that, "you can sell for way more than what the bike is worth!" well go ahead and sell all your shit and call me when you have the money.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

came across on craigslist this evening...

quote:4 BURIAL PLOTS TRADE OR SALE - $4685 (HITCHCOCK)
    Date: 2012-01-25, 6:00PM CST
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
    4 burial plots all together will sale or trade for nice motorcycle let me know what ya have

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

came across on craigslist this evening...

quote:4 BURIAL PLOTS TRADE OR SALE - $4685 (HITCHCOCK)
    Date: 2012-01-25, 6:00PM CST
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
    4 burial plots all together will sale or trade for nice motorcycle let me know what ya have

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

If that were closer that would be a deal! I could finally be buried with my GTO.

I am not against trades at all, I love the barter system. Some of the things I can't imagine asking a stranger to trade for out of the blue. Last year a guy wanted to trade me a bunch of hatchling snakes for the GT550. I wouldn't even know how to ask a stranger if he had an interest in hatchling snakes.

Last night I sold two bikes I wasn't even advertising. Guy showed up, looked them over, loved them, paid cash. Sometimes I forget how easy it can be.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

If that were closer that would be a deal! I could finally be buried with my GTO.

I am not against trades at all, I love the barter system. Some of the things I can't imagine asking a stranger to trade for out of the blue. Last year a guy wanted to trade me a bunch of hatchling snakes for the GT550. I wouldn't even know how to ask a stranger if he had an interest in hatchling snakes.

Last night I sold two bikes I wasn't even advertising. Guy showed up, looked them over, loved them, paid cash. Sometimes I forget how easy it can be.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links