Cafe Racer Forum banner

I love...

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  craig641 
#1 ·
my workshop :D

See less See more
#2 ·
You shop is way too clean - mine looks like a disaster - way too many projects bikes in it and very little room left to move around. I'd show a picture but it's too embarrassing... But I still love mine also..

#9 ·
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

my workshop :D
Tony, basement shop? or do you have a little man cave up in the loft?

I'd show you pictures of my shop but it's too bloody cold here in Canada, I have to put the bikes to sleep in the back shop so I can store the trucks inside at night!

#11 ·
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

its actually an old dairy in my yard, dates back to something like 1500's, i just store shit upstairs.
Hahaha 1500's the only thing here in the 1500's was grass and first nations people, an old building in Saskatchewan is anything pre 1950. Probably because when the first people to show up started off in things like this....

Yup that's a house made of dirt and grass, better known as a Sod house, pretty friggen sad! I love the look of all the stone buildings in Europe.

#12 ·
I am inspired by some of the workshops I've seen here. Very functional and organized. I have no shop at my home, but I am working on one right now. In keeping with the theme here, I would like to see some of the tool boxes you all use. Maybe that would be better as a new thread?

I have to admit that Champ has everyone beat. Not only does he have some nice bikes just 'hanging' around, but his choice in a stationary tool caddy is priceless (look bottom right in picture).

#15 ·
Tony, I'm always amazed at what Brits can do in small spaces. Where do you paint?

quote:Originally posted by Clyde

I would like to see some of the tool boxes you all use.
This is my home owner toolbox. It mostly sucks as all the drawers are too shallow, hence the pegboard beside it. Bought it new off the Mac truck for $375(there's a story), so it's staying.

Work box;

If you look around some of the offbreed boxes are actually pretty nice. I got a Masterforce that Menards sells in a trade once. Had it about a minute, but it was a nice box.

This is the work end of my 32'x63' building. Don't really consider it a shop as it's not properly insulated or wired, but best place I had when we closed our store. It'll get worked on next summer.

The old wooden building in the background is where I keep my lawnmowers and stuff. It will hopefully be demolished in the next couple years to build a new shop where it sits.

Intend on buying that overgrown mess to the south and building an L-shaped structure, 80'x100' shop area, 40x60' office/storage. That and I'll probably have to live in the F-ing thing.

#20 ·
quote:Originally posted by champ

I dont think this thread was meant to be a contest.....
Not my intent to turn it into one.

Am pretty jizzed up at the prospect of building a new shop in the next couple years. Actually was thinking about it right before I saw this thread.

Clyde,
Before I got my Macsimizer had a 41" Craftsman top, bottom, intermediate. It was a good box, but I had it so overloaded that moving it was risking my life.(they will fall over, ain't pretty)

Think about starting with a bottom like this;

I believe they make one with a full-width top drawer now.

#21 ·
Good stuff guys. In keeping with the theme here, I love my job, and due to the nature of my work I need all the tools I can get. So here are my boxs', and they are fuuuulllll of all kinds of tools. Even have all my old tool and die tools in there, too. Never know when you are going to need telescoping gauges or a 123 block:)

I use to use an old skateboard for a tool caddy. Put the tools on it and you can roll them around on the floor with ease. Worked great until I ran it over with a truck. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.