Headlights
Close

Headlights

This is a discussion on Headlights within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have been looking for a round headlight and bucket for the FT. I would like a headlight that uses an H4 bulb instead of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlights

Headlights

I have been looking for a round headlight and bucket for the FT. I would like a headlight that uses an H4 bulb instead of a sealed headlight. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on these?

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintag...-66-65010.html

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintag...-66-64313.html

I have searched around a bit on ebay but it seems like I will either get something that needs paint and new chrome, or pay basically the same amount as what Dime City is charging. I've seen a few that are over $50 and still need paint and chrome.

Thanks,
    Chris

I have no experience with those but throw one from baja designs on it

That would be sick
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

I guess if it's good enough for Paris, it's good enough for the FT!

Seriously though, I will have to check out baja designs. I like their off-road to dual sport stuff. Not sure why I didn't think of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Waste of money....not because it is bad quality but because it doesn't come with the lens, it is just a bucket and trim ring. For just a bucket and ring I usually walk over to the box of stock Honda headlight and pluck one out, any of which cost me $5 at most and any of which will take a sealed beam conversion lens - same thing you have to buy for the dime city light. So.....check your math....if it is costing you $50 to rehab a used Honda one you aren't doing it right.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Clearly I am not doing it right...perhaps my box of Honda parts is not big enough! I will spend some more time fishing on Ebay. I would prefer not to buy new parts.

The 6-1/4" headlight comes with the headlight and bulb..but your point still stands.

Baja Design lights are pretty cool. A Little pricey but from what I hear really worth the money.

$175 from Baja, $107 on Amazon for the 4" or 8". The 6" is really expensive

Old buckets and rings are pretty cheap. Find a cheap one and paint it. Save yourself $45
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

I use this on my brothers 1979 cb750F:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VETTER-7-INC...sories&vxp=mtr

these old vetter units are heavy gauge plastic, and the bonus is that the trim ring that holds the light in twists off without any screws or tools. Literally I walk to the front of the bike, Push in, Twist and the whole thing comes apart. Handy if you are standing in a pep boys parking lot at 8:00 with no tools and a blown bulb.

I don't know what this idiot is talking about the buld being worth some big money, I just put a honda sealed beam in there and it works fine. maybe if you were looking for the OEM plug for a beemer application or something but this just looks like standard honda connectors.

here is the conversion 7" roundie for $30.

Obviosuly this is not cheaper than dime city....but you get a better headlight shell design (the toolless vetter) and you would have to buy the conversion headlight anyway.

I have a box of headlights because I spent my life parting out bikes and going to swap meets, plus I rarely throw away motorcycle parts. Most I have are free, I can probably look and see if I have something for you, you pay shipping.

- Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto,

I think you meant to post a second link for the 7" roundie conversion.

Yeah, I am looking forward to the day my parts box is better. If you have something I can use, that would probably be my preferred route. I don't even mind throwing in on top of shipping. The best I've found on ebay is about $30 after shipping for something that needs paint and the trim ring cleaned up. Any CB style 6-7" headlights should fit the bill. I am going to end up making mounts for it so I can work around just about anything.

Chris

Yeah I screwed the pooch on that one, but it you look on eBay you can find the conversion lens, you can even find ones with BMW angel eyes for that price.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Geeto,

Yeah, there are a few nice options for doing that. I've seen some reasonably priced tri-bars as well. Are those total hipster deuchebaggery?

If you would be willing to part with a bucket and ring send me an email.

chris
    dot
    cantagallo
    at gmail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links