Any of you new hampshire guys ever hear of ATTHE?
Close

This is a discussion on Any of you new hampshire guys ever hear of ATTHE? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Some sort of heavy equipment seller. Bid and won on one of my bikes and now is refusing to pay or pick up with some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some sort of heavy equipment seller. Bid and won on one of my bikes and now is refusing to pay or pick up with some bullshit excuse. not sure what I can do to this guy other than just the ebay channels and maybe a small claims court case if I want to push it just to make trouble.

If he bids on any of your auctions, I recommend you cancel his bids as he is a pain in the ass to deal with.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    ATTHE?
    where are they located?
    Got some relatives up there
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

http://www.atthe.com/ is out of Newport NH, just incase anyone is curious...

What's the excuse they're giving?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yup. I know right where they are located
    Johnnyracer

Do you know him John? if so call him a fucking flake for me.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I'd say if the guy refuses to honor his bid - then he owes you the relishing fees. Unfortunately, this goes on quite a bit on ebay.
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

There is always small claims court but the lost time and aggravation is going to cost you more than any judgement you might possible receive. Check SCM's Legal Files articles written by John Draneas for more insight on what losses might be recoverable. You will never win by trying to force the other party to accept the contract as-is. Ain't gonna happen. Such is the nature of doing business on eBay. Use their weak process to ding the seller and move on. These deadbeats have no shame in their game. Your best bet might simply be public ridicule so that whenever someone searches Google for ATTHE the first thing they see is your dissatisfaction with them.

to get specific performance on the contract, I would have to sue the dude in, for lack of a better term, a "real" civil court (meaning one in which there is a judge, a jury, etc....). This would cost thousands which I don't have to recover very little.

Even to do it in small claims court the most I can recover is the time lost in anticipation of the contract and any costs and loss I would take reselling the bike. This too takes time and energy and has diminishing returns.

What I can do
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I'd send the guy a bill for re-listing your bike. I'd also tell him if he doesn't pay then a complaint will be filed with ebay. I do believe you can also post a very negative posting about this guy bidding and not paying. That action alone will directly effect his further bidding action on ebay.

So if it was me - I'd send this guy a re-listing bill and if he doesn't pay then I'd post the most negative posting about this guy you can legally post. You being Geeto shouldn't have a problem getting real with this guy...

I might add - your first email to this guy should be nice and not nasty. You might say something like - I'm sorry you choose to bid on my bike that you had no intention to carry through with the purchase. As a result, I am forced to pay a re-listing fee to ebay of $$.$$ which is a direct result of your false bid. I am expecting you to cover my loss due to your inaction. If you fail to cover my loss due to your bid action, then I will be forced to report your actions to ebay as well as post a negative feed back about you. This negative feed back may directly effect your future bidding actions and serve to warn other ebay sellers that you are not a reliable bidder. I will give you 7 days to remit your payment to me or I will take the above action against you.

Sincerely;
    AAAAAAAAAA

If the guy totally ignores you - then you post the negative feed back and report him to ebay. That's about the extent you can do against this guy. Good luck...

"I'm not a lawyer but I play one on TV..."
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

eBay will refund your listing fees. Just file a non-payment case against him. If he doesn't respond to it eBay will still refund you after a certain amount of time. Usually about a week.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links