About me/Iowa racing - Page 2
Close

About me/Iowa racing

This is a discussion on About me/Iowa racing within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Jimmy, CCS races at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. AHRMA races at GRattan, MI and at Gingerman in MI. I am in Western WI ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jimmy,
    CCS races at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. AHRMA races at GRattan, MI and at Gingerman in MI. I am in Western WI during the summer, just east of Minneapolis. I hope to race Gingerman this summer but I am probably going to get sucked into taking a class this June here in Alaska so I can finish my masters. But there are several tracks within 8 hrs or so from you. Go to the riders school and get racing.
    Ken

AHRMA 412
    Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

and just so we're clear on this, if youre going to race, a days drive becomes easy. so dont hesitate to drive 8 hours for a weekend. its way worth it.

jc

The ciamr deal looks kind of cool. It's too bad it's just a .7mile go-kart track, but I'm excited because I have a 70s speedway scorpion minibike that I've been thinking about cafe-ing. It's going to have clipons, rearsets(just pegs), a bumpstop seat and fiberglass endurance tank. Right now it's got an old worn out(dead) briggs 5horse that's ported, carb flowed, 3stage header, 3horse flywheel, raptor springs, 3 degree advance key. My friend got it going 50mph beside my 750 before he got scared. When it ran it would stay dead even with my friends minibike(which is much smaller, and I weigh about 60lbs more than him)which had a stock 5horse, until he topped out at 25mph and I just kept pulling. My other friend was hauling ass up and down the street, probably doing about 60mph(not joking, it's geared high because I did away with the factory belt and jackshaft) , when the motor, which was smoking like crazy, finally crapped out. I'll have to build a nice kart spec motor and take it to that track. Jimmy

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Your mini-bike would be a blast around M-town. I haven't decided if I'm going to motard my dirt bike or buy a pocket bike, but I am going to make it to some days over there this year. By the way I'm in Vinton and working on a GT550. Is the T500 you're getting stock or already cafed?

The Titan is stock. My friend owns it and he wants to sell it so he can buy a crotch rocket. A few days after I got my clubmans I went over to his house and he had turned the stock bars upside down! I started laughing pretty hard. He took it out and looked idiotic riding it with his hands down by the tire. It wouldn't even wheelie.
    -When I do buy it it's going on Ebay (I'm sure I can double my money, and I already told him this and he's fine with it) and I'm using the money to try and buy a 79 RD400F (Daytona Special) from a guy here in town. I haven't seen it out in years. When I asked him about it he said, "Hell no I won't sell my bike!" and he said it needed carb work. That was a year or so ago. I think this time if I show up with money he might be more interested.
    -That bike would be the envy of all my friends. One of them has a 73 RD350 that is trashed. It was in decent shape (for a bike that sat in a rickety shed for 15 years)until he let everyone ride it. One friend tried a holeshot and crashed it sideways, bending the bars and breaking the gauge panel, etc. Right after that he let another friend ride it. This friend got many warnings about the wheelie power from us. He said, "I can handle it!" and then went out into the street, went about five feet, cracked the throttle wide open and wore the rd as a hat! His ass was hamburger. The worst thing is, my friend who owns the rd didn't even seem that upset! I would have been crying if that happened to my bike. Jimmy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links