Mockup....still not a cafe
Close

This is a discussion on Mockup....still not a cafe within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The bars are just a place holder for the pic. Plan is to run 1"d bends, bolted directly to the top clamp with an internal ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The bars are just a place holder for the pic. Plan is to run 1"d bends, bolted directly to the top clamp with an internal throttle and the cable obviously run thru the bars and out the bottom of the top-clamp. I still haven't milled a clutch handle for the tank shift yet but I think I'll be making the handle tie into the linkage arm a bit more visually anyway.
    The pipes are completely photochopped but more or less what I'm looking at though there will be some form of muffling going on whether that be a damped crossover box under the swingarm pivot or just some inline 'glasspacks' or sporty takeoffs with the nice long fishtails. The rear wheel is also just a place holder, the final one will be a matched 19" 64 spoke to go with the 21" front.

I'm sticking with the carboard seat though! haha
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

whooah i like that very much [8D]
    'old hooligan...

Thanks Tony!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    I like that linkage, in fact, I liked it the first time I saw it as well
    I'm building something similar for my XS, made a brass lever (it's real heavy)
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Thanks PJ, I'm probably going to redo the handle to resemble the linkage a bit closer and have been thinking about a brass lever too...
    ~Albert Einstein

Lookin good!
    Whats that tank off of?
    http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

Lookin good!
    Whats that tank off of?
    http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

It's off a Wards/Benelli as stamped on the now missing front wings, I hacked them off after a brief and failed attempt to weld something to them. The sheet metal is really light, enough so that I'll be keeping a wary eye on it for cracks and such. I'm pretty sure it came from a little dirtbike or mini that wasn't expected to get much action. It's well made, just really light.
    ~Albert Einstein

It's off a Wards/Benelli as stamped on the now missing front wings, I hacked them off after a brief and failed attempt to weld something to them. The sheet metal is really light, enough so that I'll be keeping a wary eye on it for cracks and such. I'm pretty sure it came from a little dirtbike or mini that wasn't expected to get much action. It's well made, just really light.
    ~Albert Einstein

Very nice. Such a subtle change overall, but what an impact!
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links