Shameless Self Promotion - Page 3
Close

Shameless Self Promotion

This is a discussion on Shameless Self Promotion within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I took a stroll out to your web site - I was unaware you guys were ripping out parts like on your project bike. Kind ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I took a stroll out to your web site - I was unaware you guys were ripping out parts like on your project bike. Kind of makes me jealous not having high-end machining tools to work with myself. I like the under the seat exhaust idea - that looks pretty trick. It would be interesting to hear what that sounds like. I also liked the wheels you guys are making - again looks pretty trick.

On my 69 cb750's, I am keeping my mods to bolt-on's. Since it's unlikely I'll sell these bikes in the near future, I like to keep my options open to restoring the 69's back to original. However; I do have a 71 cb750 project I'll be tearing into this summer and a couple of cb400/4's. I might be interested in some parts for the 71 project and maybe the cb400/4's.

Right now I'm working on a 77 kz900, 69 cb750 turbo and I just picked up a 84 cr500 death machine for ice riding. My motra is if it don't scare me then it's for sale...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

You need a better way to show the parts that you are making, but more importantly showing how they are better then stock.
    Cant get away from the fact that there are more then just a few places cranking out CNC replacement parts.

I happen to really like CNC stuff and have used alot on a bike im working on.
    Trick i see is not just remaking the stuff that you can quickly take off the bike.

Really like the concept of a "kit'
    like all of the parts to put a gsxr front end on a 750, or the proper parts for a mono shock.

I want to talk to someone with a lathe and a welder to make me some parts......

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

You need a better way to show the parts that you are making, but more importantly showing how they are better then stock.
    Cant get away from the fact that there are more then just a few places cranking out CNC replacement parts.

I happen to really like CNC stuff and have used alot on a bike im working on.
    Trick i see is not just remaking the stuff that you can quickly take off the bike.

Really like the concept of a "kit'
    like all of the parts to put a gsxr front end on a 750, or the proper parts for a mono shock.

I want to talk to someone with a lathe and a welder to make me some parts......

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I think Jaguar has hit it right, complete kit make a lot of sense to folks that either don't have the machining or skills to accomplish their bike build designs. There are tons of folks that are always asking for hints on this form alone for front end or brake kits for cb's. In reality the kits have to be somewhat affordable. You will not sell many triple tree kits at 800 dollars where the market is really looking for a 300 dollar set.

Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

I think Jaguar has hit it right, complete kit make a lot of sense to folks that either don't have the machining or skills to accomplish their bike build designs. There are tons of folks that are always asking for hints on this form alone for front end or brake kits for cb's. In reality the kits have to be somewhat affordable. You will not sell many triple tree kits at 800 dollars where the market is really looking for a 300 dollar set.

Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

The making of these parts takes a skill and also takes access to the tools.
    While some people will scoff and say that if they had a mill they would just make it free, it just doesnt matter. running those tools cost money.

And also its a skill most people dont have so there is no reason not to charge for it.
    But thats where the idea of a kit comes in. if a person doesnt have the skills to make something then chances are they are laking other skills too. this is not an insult and should not be taken as such. Think of it in terms of over coming obstacles.
    If a person buys a kit that is 100% ready to just be assembled then it makes things super easy and every person skills or not values easy.
    sure you could offer a bare bones un finished kit for less money for the people that just dont have the machines to make stuff.

I would think that a full triple kit would be able to be made at a reasonable retail price and still have profit in it to make it worth while to produce
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

The making of these parts takes a skill and also takes access to the tools.
    While some people will scoff and say that if they had a mill they would just make it free, it just doesnt matter. running those tools cost money.

And also its a skill most people dont have so there is no reason not to charge for it.
    But thats where the idea of a kit comes in. if a person doesnt have the skills to make something then chances are they are laking other skills too. this is not an insult and should not be taken as such. Think of it in terms of over coming obstacles.
    If a person buys a kit that is 100% ready to just be assembled then it makes things super easy and every person skills or not values easy.
    sure you could offer a bare bones un finished kit for less money for the people that just dont have the machines to make stuff.

I would think that a full triple kit would be able to be made at a reasonable retail price and still have profit in it to make it worth while to produce
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

geeto67

you make a good point. We have not thought of a solution for the round one's I like the pin hole idea. We can make the tool so you need to buy that too. Thanks you just made our wallets bigger

Also on the carb stacks. I know that their is indisputable evidence that they decrease power. We rebuilt and re-jetted the carbs so that they would work with our bike. We went through 5 or 6 versions before settling with what we have. I also said worked, I did not say we have seen power gains. But the look is so nice. We sometimes do get caught up in the aesthetics of anything we own or build.

I still love our bike and how it turned out. Is there things I would change? Maybe.. But our next bike will be very nice and performance oriented. We really want to tackle this swing arm issue.
    Another thing we are going to do is make our own Cylinder Head.
    I may be picking a lot of brains on this sight to do it. I just think it would be fucking ridiculous if we could do it and pull it off.

Jaguar

We will have a kit available to install GSXR, USD forks. What type of trail would you guys like to see on say a CB750. I was thinking 9.5cm. Like I mentioned I think you have to do the swing arm with it though. Our triple tree with a shorter trail should complement the front end but the swing arm is going to be the achilles heel.
    What would you guys like to see for a swing arm? More tire clearance, longer / shorter, lighter, of course stiffer. Our design currently is boxed in.

give us advice. Maybe we will get it made and someone on this site can test it for us. That way we get an honest opinion. Not a biased one by Cafe Fabrications.
    [/quote]

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

and here is your first crisicism:

the smoothie valve adjustment caps you make for the cb750, they need some hidden way for a person to loosen them off a hot engine. I can't tell if they are knurled on the side or not but still - valve adjustments are part of owning a cb750 and sometimes those caps need to come off when the engine is hot. The stock ones usually don't come off easy after 100 heat cycles with a wrench so not giving them a purchase could be a problem. maybe two hidden pin holes and a pin hole tool would work?

Grant Salter
    [email protected]
    www.cafefabrications.com
    http://cafefabrications.blogspot.com/

geeto67

you make a good point. We have not thought of a solution for the round one's I like the pin hole idea. We can make the tool so you need to buy that too. Thanks you just made our wallets bigger

Also on the carb stacks. I know that their is indisputable evidence that they decrease power. We rebuilt and re-jetted the carbs so that they would work with our bike. We went through 5 or 6 versions before settling with what we have. I also said worked, I did not say we have seen power gains. But the look is so nice. We sometimes do get caught up in the aesthetics of anything we own or build.

I still love our bike and how it turned out. Is there things I would change? Maybe.. But our next bike will be very nice and performance oriented. We really want to tackle this swing arm issue.
    Another thing we are going to do is make our own Cylinder Head.
    I may be picking a lot of brains on this sight to do it. I just think it would be fucking ridiculous if we could do it and pull it off.

Jaguar

We will have a kit available to install GSXR, USD forks. What type of trail would you guys like to see on say a CB750. I was thinking 9.5cm. Like I mentioned I think you have to do the swing arm with it though. Our triple tree with a shorter trail should complement the front end but the swing arm is going to be the achilles heel.
    What would you guys like to see for a swing arm? More tire clearance, longer / shorter, lighter, of course stiffer. Our design currently is boxed in.

give us advice. Maybe we will get it made and someone on this site can test it for us. That way we get an honest opinion. Not a biased one by Cafe Fabrications.
    [/quote]

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

and here is your first crisicism:

the smoothie valve adjustment caps you make for the cb750, they need some hidden way for a person to loosen them off a hot engine. I can't tell if they are knurled on the side or not but still - valve adjustments are part of owning a cb750 and sometimes those caps need to come off when the engine is hot. The stock ones usually don't come off easy after 100 heat cycles with a wrench so not giving them a purchase could be a problem. maybe two hidden pin holes and a pin hole tool would work?

Grant Salter
    [email protected]
    www.cafefabrications.com
    http://cafefabrications.blogspot.com/

is there a price list on your blog? i cant find it...
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links