Shameless Self Promotion
Close

Shameless Self Promotion

This is a discussion on Shameless Self Promotion within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hear me out. The whole reason we are making this stuff is because you can't buy most of it. When we started our bike a ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shameless Self Promotion

Hear me out. The whole reason we are making this stuff is because you can't buy most of it. When we started our bike a little over 2yrs ago now. I started looking for engine covers to replace the beat up one's on our bike. The only thing I could find was the Joker Machine stuff. Don't get me wrong they make nice stuff. BUT who needs an open clutch cover? Sure it looks cool on a Ducati. But on a bike where the clutch is basically a lever arm with a Stainless wire that has a barrel lead end on it. Who the F wants to see that?
    Here are a few things that we finished up this week. Again if your in the Detroit area come check it out. Detroit Auto Rama booth 532A (Feb 24-26. Just mention your from this site to me and I will have a cold beer for ya. Its that easy. Thanks for listening. Glad to slowly become accepted to the forum. I will tread lightly this time.

Here are a few pics for some of you who won't make it to Detroit.

Tappet Valve Plugs. 3 versions

Exhaust Flange 3 versions

Our gas tank kit. We did an internal tank then fiberglass sides. That way when you lay your bike down. You only have to replace the glass and not a tank.

Some engine covers and velocity stacks

Grant Salter
    [email protected]
    www.cafefabrications.com
    http://cafefabrications.blogspot.com/

Looks good to me![8D]
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

Looks good to me![8D]
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i like the looks of the tank without the fiberglass sides. what are your stacks gonna run?
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

i like the looks of the tank without the fiberglass sides. what are your stacks gonna run?
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

very very nice stuff and why shouldnt you be ok to offer the parts to board members
    'old hooligan...

very very nice stuff and why shouldnt you be ok to offer the parts to board members
    'old hooligan...

It's not that we don't want to offer it to forum members we do. Trust me after 2yrs of designing and making parts. I am running out of money with this project. Hence the reason I don't even have a bike anymore. I do but it's in a few hundred pieces. It was a guinea pig for our parts. We need to make some of this investment back. But what I like about this forum and the reason I keep coming back like a pimple on a teenager. Is everyone has strong opinions here good or bad they voice them. We can all learn from that. I know if someone here hates our shit, I will hear it. That is all good by us. I just was sorta waiting for a barrage of people to give me shit about CNC'd parts. But I don't know any other way to make them nice and accurate. Waterjet would be nice but I need $170,000.00. We needed something someone would want to buy. Our goal was to make parts that don't scream.. HEY LOOK AT ME I JUST CAME OFF THE CNC MILL!!! Believe it or not that's really hard to do when your stuff is coming off a CNC Mill. Our goal is that if you painted these parts yourself on a project they would just blend in a bit. But still look new not worn. A bit modern with a flair of vintage.

What you see will be offered in, Black, Clear, Machined, Red, and polished. All colors being anodized.

quote:Originally posted by ukTony

Grant Salter
    [email protected]
    www.cafefabrications.com

It's not that we don't want to offer it to forum members we do. Trust me after 2yrs of designing and making parts. I am running out of money with this project. Hence the reason I don't even have a bike anymore. I do but it's in a few hundred pieces. It was a guinea pig for our parts. We need to make some of this investment back. But what I like about this forum and the reason I keep coming back like a pimple on a teenager. Is everyone has strong opinions here good or bad they voice them. We can all learn from that. I know if someone here hates our shit, I will hear it. That is all good by us. I just was sorta waiting for a barrage of people to give me shit about CNC'd parts. But I don't know any other way to make them nice and accurate. Waterjet would be nice but I need $170,000.00. We needed something someone would want to buy. Our goal was to make parts that don't scream.. HEY LOOK AT ME I JUST CAME OFF THE CNC MILL!!! Believe it or not that's really hard to do when your stuff is coming off a CNC Mill. Our goal is that if you painted these parts yourself on a project they would just blend in a bit. But still look new not worn. A bit modern with a flair of vintage.

What you see will be offered in, Black, Clear, Machined, Red, and polished. All colors being anodized.

quote:Originally posted by ukTony

Grant Salter
    [email protected]
    www.cafefabrications.com

Grant, the last time you showed up here you didn't come with parts, you were showing off a bike. Said bike drew criticism because rather than take the time to engineer an improved bike, the bike you built looked like you ran around and grabbed elements off every form over function bike. Clearly we were not your audience but you did not know that as you were new to this end of the hobby. words were had, we tried to help, but in the end you picked up your toys and went elsewhere.

that being said - I do like the parts you make now, I feel they fill a niche.

it isn't that you have to tread lightly - it is just that you need to understand where you are. the majority of people here are racers, engineers, designers, shop owners, and others related to the motorcycle industry. In many ways having access to this much collective talent can be a useful tool if you understand that anytime people here see a functional flaw with your parts they are going to tell you and not pull any punches. the may also ask you to scientifically justify decisions you have made on certain parts (like the velocity stacks - there is a science to those you know, it isn't just make a bell shape). ca va?

to that end I say welcome back.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links