Moped Guys Please
Close

Moped Guys Please

This is a discussion on Moped Guys Please within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; NYC or NE moped guys, I know there are some out there. If you know anyone interested in a Complete running Batavus VA, 1976, send ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Moped Guys Please

NYC or NE moped guys, I know there are some out there. If you know anyone interested in a Complete running Batavus VA, 1976, send them my way. New tires/tubes (not on yet), new belt and carb cleaned. Seems to run good. Has nice Patina. I am not sure what it is worth, but I know what I have in it, maybe you can guide me a bit.

Also a Puch Magnum Project. Probably will be running next week after the points come in and I get them installed.

I checked into it and NY does not need titles for these "special use vehicles".

While these would be great for running around a city, they are useless where I live in the country.

If there is interest I will post pics tomorrow. Bikes are 3 1/2 hours north of NYC. I could bring them somewhere North of the GWB for gas money.

Thanks,
    jack

Jack, I usually would...but I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of bikes and random projects of my own right now. Get some pictures here and I'll direct some people towards you.

If anything, we can do some consignment deal maybe at my gang's moped shop.

Larry -
    Larry

How much Jack?
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

do it Tex, do it!

We can have rival Puch Magnums...
    Larry

Tex,

Which one may you be interested in?

Personally I think the Puch has much more potential as a fun, hopped up ride. I was thinking $400 for it, but special Tex price email me. I have a muffler and aircleaner coming for it. Will at least need a seat cover ($25), a rear brake cable ($8), two brake levers (not sure $, seems like any Magura moped levers are OK), the footboards, which I have on hold now ($25), and two tires ($20-$100 depending on what you want).

I took the tank off today to see how it would go on my C110 racer, and it looked great. At that time I noticed lots of loose scale in the tank. It is solid and should be OK after a bunch of screws get shaken around in it for a while.

There was a thread just a bit back (Larry Bones to the White Phone please) with a quick pic of it.

Once I get the new tires on, the '76 Batavus VA should pretty much be gas and go. I ran it for a bit today and it ran well. I need around $400 for that one. I think it would sell for $5-600 in the spring if I took it up to Portland.

Jack

If I knew for sure I would be in Brooklyn for the summer I would be on the hunt for a cheap puch
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

how the tables have turned Will...

Aren't you the one who said you don't understand mopeds and that they are gay beyond belief?...
    Larry

It's just what you need! You could use it to run around Potsdam too. Heck if you decided you didn't want it you could sell it to some NYC hipster and double your money.

I still think they are ghey and that some....take them way to seriously.
    But for running around in williamsburg for the summer it might be my best bet for cheap and durable
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Want to know the worst part about owning a moped? Having to tell your parents you are gay.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links