1955 german caferacers on speed last sunday
Close

This is a discussion on 1955 german caferacers on speed last sunday within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; anyone catch the german GP '55 sunday am on speed vission lots of great footage on GP bike racing ....

anyone catch the german GP '55 sunday am on speed vission lots of great footage on GP bike racing .

bfd
    Bull
    I saw it. Definately cool to see Walter Zeller in action. The old photos can't do it justice. The hot lap in the car kind of suprised me by how cobby the pavement on the Nurburgring looked. Those guys were tough
    BFD

FR
    Damn, I missed it. I guess I figured the all Nascar all the time station wouldn't be showing anything but Daytona pre-warmup before the real warm up right before they pre-qualify for the qualifying session.
    So I switched between golf and olympics. Mostly golf, 'cause I had my money on DiMarco last week.

But I would've liked to see Nurburgring though. That would've been cool.
    I think there's an h in nurburgring. Seems like it needs one.

FR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yup, got it on DVR. I record the series. That was some good shit!!

Cheers, A.D.

n/a
    I happen to know the chump that owns the sidecar that raced there.
    Come to think of it, I was a passenger on that sidecar at the Laconia AMA National in 1994. First and last time I experienced arm pump. It was quite the outing, going down the straight all tucked down on the car with the piston jug a 1/2" from my head thinking how the piston would just launch!! It was quite the ride.

Champ

well Im nascar_ed out I dont like roundy roundy racing never have I was always the GrandPrix watcher from when Jackie Stewart used to race.And James "shunt" Hunt and the guy I always like seeing race Peter Revson The Man that shunned his family fortune to be a racer on his own terms .I really loved it when Wild World Of Sports pitted athletes from different sports together to see which sports had the most rounded physical athlete. And peter came out like second overall as I can remember the good old days before cumputers and auto shift gearboxes.When teams like the Shadow and Hesketh Racing and Tyrrel (the four wheel front wheel race cars)teams were out there.
    But have hope speed channel replays everything a zillion time Ive already watched the Ferrari factory thing twice in one week.

Sponsored Links