NY Vintage Ride Aug 11th
Close

NY Vintage Ride Aug 11th

This is a discussion on NY Vintage Ride Aug 11th within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Save the date and come on over to Walton NY (3 hours from NYC) for the 3rd annual Covered Bridge Vintage Tour. All bikes 25 ...

NY Vintage Ride Aug 11th

Save the date and come on over to Walton NY (3 hours from NYC) for the 3rd annual Covered Bridge Vintage Tour. All bikes 25 years old and older are welcome. We will ride about 150 miles, broken up to an AM and PM route. Everyone gets a route sheet and finds their own speed, this is not a putt putt in a long line sort of event, unless you want to.

Heck, last year some of the guys were even in a local parade!

Indoor camping available Friday and Sat night in the parish hall of the church next door, my wife is the Minister there. Dinner on the veranda of my house Friday night for the early birds.

No charge for anything, but the hat will be passed to pay for Sat BBQ chicken lunch and gas for the chase truck.

Nic579 was an attendee last year and may give a review. It was a blast, everything from Aermacchi to Zundapp. 45 bikes last year, hope for 60 this time.

Jack

Any pictures from last years event?
    I would like to make it this year
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I should be there again with my 1965 CL160.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Jack I hope to make it this year.
    Gene
    USCRA 521

Jag, I wish I had pics, but I forgot a good camera at the studio, and the battery died on my little camera. I did get a very few with the cell phone but I was real busy making sure everything was going smoothly. There was a tall fellow from down your way, whose name I can't recall that took a bunch of shots, I think he is a photog by trade, but never sent me any.

Soooooo, if anyone has shots from last year, please post.

We had a little bike show durning lunch, and I am embrassed to admit it seemed the "people's choice" of bystanders was a trike with two Honda 750 motors.......Walton is redneckville USA....There were tons of really impressive bikes. Oldest was a late 30's BSA and a HD VL. Lots of Triumphs, Guzzis, Ducati bevels,Beemers, a hord of Hondas etc. etc. My 160 Honda was the smallest bike that did the ride, but the year before we had a 100cc Zundapp, though it came back on the meat wagon along with the previously very nice Commando that crashed.

Gene, it would be nice if you could come. Shane Rivit brings a crew down, maybe you could hook up with them.

Nic, hope you can make it. You can ride the 350 again if your bike isn't ready.

From Friday afternoon till Sunday morning it was just all about bikes, and food......

Jack

Jack what were the smallest displacement bikes out there last summer? I have a guy that comes into my work that may be interested in coming but his biggest vintage bike is a Honda 70.

Jack what were the smallest displacement bikes out there last summer? I have a guy that comes into my work that may be interested in coming but his biggest vintage bike is a Honda 70.

Sponsored Links