Project CB175 progress pics
Close

This is a discussion on Project CB175 progress pics within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Heres how she sits right now. Motor should be out of the shop soon. Frame, triple trees, and few other parts have been sandblasted & ...

Heres how she sits right now. Motor should be out of the shop soon.
    Frame, triple trees, and few other parts have been sandblasted & painted. Rims painted. seat is not mounted, electrical ran, CB200 forks & Trees. Best part of all a NOS Tank.

Steve in NY

FR
    Looks pretty sano dude!

FR

I'm a sucker for black rims. Finish it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

You building it for the track or street? Looks good! Should have some pics of my 175 soon...

Cheers, A.D.

So far its been going pretty smooth since I bought the $100 rid eoff a friend. It's going to be used for street. Can't wait till the motors done. It was bored 1mm over. I painted the rims since the chrome wasn't looking so good & trying to keep the costs down. I really like the way they turned out. The rear shocks look OK, but work good. I might replace them if I can find a good set for a good price.

Still not sure the best way to mount the seat, but I am thinking of have the whole thing wrapped in vinyl (including the rear hump... less painting) Any suggestions?

FR
    quote:

Still not sure the best way to mount the seat, but I am thinking of have the whole thing wrapped in vinyl (including the rear hump... less painting) Any suggestions?

Yeah, DON'T wrap it in vinyl! That would put it right up there with a '78 Ford Thunderbird for bad taste...
    You can get some high density closed cell foam that you can shape yourself, or take it to an upholstrey shop and have them make a seat pad for it. I've had it done for less than $100.00.

FR

Yeah, I'm selling one now that uses the stock pan, for about half that. Gimme $40. and that fiberglass seat and your good to go..

Cheers, A.D.

[/quote]

Yeah, DON'T wrap it in vinyl! That would put it right up there with a '78 Ford Thunderbird for bad taste...
    You can get some high density closed cell foam that you can shape yourself, or take it to an upholstrey shop and have them make a seat pad for it. I've had it done for less than $100.00.

FR

[/quote]

Thats what I wanted to do including the hump. Like this:
    [/quote]
    Yeah, I'm selling one now that uses the stock pan, for about half that. Gimme $40. and that fiberglass seat and your good to go..
    [/quote]

I don't think I can use the stock seat anymore. I removed the extra tabs including the seat ones. Send a pic though.

Steve

Sponsored Links