This site is bullshit!
Close

This site is bullshit!

This is a discussion on This site is bullshit! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I ordered some items from this site over three months ago and still haven't got them. I have emailed Jeremy Degrasse about the items I ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

This site is bullshit!

I ordered some items from this site over three months ago and still haven't got them. I have emailed Jeremy Degrasse about the items I ordered and still no response. What a ripoff!
    I have also noticed that when people post on this site with serious questions or pics of there projects, douchebags wanna put them down. For a site that promotes, and I quote, "Our motivation in creating this website is to emphasize and support a dying breed of old-school race bikes. We hope to help promote the style and keep alive the nostalgia of these great bikes and the era from which they were born." All I see is a bunch of self absorbed jackasses that wanna poke fun of some kid's bike. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Thank you
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

ok.
    I am sure the purchase part gets corrected.

As for the feeling that the site misses the "mission statement" - that I have to disagree, Lot of people ruin good old bikes by creating non-functional poser bikes that have nothing to do with racing or racer. Discouraging this behavior and feedback that tries to direct people to right choices is not in contradiction to the missions statement.

I don't think this site makes any money - (unlike some heavily sponsored sites) so it is what it is. If you don't like it so be it. On the flip side if you do stick around you get extremely knowledgeable information, honest feedback and good bunch of guys from very broad backgrounds.

-

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:Originally posted by NC Rocker

I ordered some items from this site over three months ago and still haven't got them. I have emailed Jeremy Degrasse about the items I ordered and still no response. What a ripoff!
    I have also noticed that when people post on this site with serious questions or pics of there projects, douchebags wanna put them down. For a site that promotes, and I quote, "Our motivation in creating this website is to emphasize and support a dying breed of old-school race bikes. We hope to help promote the style and keep alive the nostalgia of these great bikes and the era from which they were born." All I see is a bunch of self absorbed jackasses that wanna poke fun of some kid's bike. What a bunch of hypocrites!
    What did you order that didn't turn up?

Do you own a motorcycle? How about some pics if you do??

I am quite sure that Jeremy has not shipped your items to see if he can have some fun at your expense. I am glad to see it is working.
    As far as your other whining goes, I am also quite sure you are just wrong. What you and most first time posters seem to think are serious questions are in fact the same old beginner questions have been asked and answered a bazillion times here already or they are really stupid questions asking opinions on how they can make some same old POS that doesn't run, but they tore it all down anyway, into the best example of the cafe racer lifestyle that was ever built.(How was that for a run-on sentence?) If somebody posts a picture of their project the assumption is that they are wanting a critique of said project. While some of the criticism is subjective, most of it is objective based on known ergonomic or engineering issues. I don't remember the last time we saw a really new project that was anything other than a proposal that never got built. If somebody posts on here looking for affirmation and warm fuzzies about a project that "they made their own", they are asking the wrong crowd.
    Finally, it is not like we want to poke fun at some kids bike. But sometimes we have to poke fun at bikes that are ridiculous or unsafe. It is the right thing to do to prevent people from getting hurt or screwed. There is no hypocrisy involved since we actually do what we say we do. It is unfortunate that do not appear to understand what modifying bikes is really all about. We tend to look for function over form and performance over style. Modifying a bike to make it slower, worse handling or heavier will generally not receive a warm welcome here.

So, do you have a bike?
    Do you ride?
    Do you have any mechanical skills?
    Do you race?
    Do you have any fabrication skills?
    Do you have any pictures of your project?
    Do you like gladiator movies?

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

is anybody else surprised that the guy whining like a little girl has "rocker" in his name? How big is your "quiff" dude? seriously there are other sites where you would be more comfortable, places that have Ton in the name and sport all kinds of faux 1950's rockabilly graphics and pin-striping.

I am sorry that you did not get your merch. JD has been having email problems as outlined in other posts like this and he is usually pretty diligent about getting stuff resolved.

however I am going to have a little fun at your expense because....well....just because....

@ Ken

So, do you have a bike? Yep! BMW R75/6, BSA Lightning 650, kz650, cb350f
    Nice bikes.

quoteo you ride? It would be a waist of good bikes if I didn't.
    it's waste, waist is something you put a belt around. if you have all these wonderful bikes that work why are you wasting time with jackass like us on the internet. Go ride your bikes and stop worrying who is ruining the bandwagon you seemed to have just jumped on.

quoteo you have any mechanical skills? Like I said, I have a BSA.
    For all we know you have a restored BSA you bought from someone else who sorted it out. Just saying you own something doesn't automatically give you any magical abilities. I own a sword, it doesn't make me Aragorn.

quoteo you race? Nope. I'm not much into going around in circles and getting nowhere.
    no cuz standing around in parking lots listening to shitty rockabilly bands is much better!

quoteo you have any fabrication skills? I got welder's sunburn, if that tells you anything.
    it tells me you don't know how to use safety equipment properly.

quoteo you have any pictures of your project? Yep.
    keep them.

quoteo you like gladiator movies? Not really. I lean more towards the zombie genre.
    is it the ability to mindlessly follow the herd that appeals to you?

have a nice day!!!!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

What the hell are we selling?
    or are we having trouble getting all the cafe kits out in the mail?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

ncrocker, first, please fill out your profile, first name and location (city and state is a minimum). second, send me an email to: [email protected] and i will make sure your email gets to jeremy. third, having a hissy fit, calling people names, and acting like a total jackass isn't the best way to get the things you want in life. your method might work sometimes (doubtful, but possible)....but i have always found that a calm response to alert someone of an error or a mistake will always remedy the situation faster and normally in a way much more beneficial to you.

tex

p.s. - i find your signature line to be vulgar and ignorant. you ask a widow to overlook the murder of her husband, whose blood and flesh she was covered in after he was shot. are you just a total fucking asshole, or are you 18 years old and a cracker from the south? regardless....you're just crude and crass in my book.
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

quote:Originally posted by jaguar

What the hell are we selling?
    or are we having trouble getting all the cafe kits out in the mail?
    my guess is he wanted a tshirt so he can start to assemble his
    "dress up" outfit. next step is some pegged levis, brill cream, and learn to start smoking.

what a laugh!
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links