Am i the only one.... - Page 4
Close

Am i the only one....

This is a discussion on Am i the only one.... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Did you see we got a mention in the thread? I bet as soon as you post they ban Geet....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Did you see we got a mention in the thread?

I bet as soon as you post they ban Geet.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

You can't save everyone. I am alive today because I suffered at the hands of some stupid previous owners and lived to tell the tale and am wiser for it. Some won't be so lucky and some will be 10 times luckier.

Here is the fundamental problem I have with the current cafe attitude - if you don't use the absolute most dick sucking language to point out their flaws, the new crop of Internet hero wannabes is going to take a defensive stance and call you an asshole or a troll or hater or some other not nice name. From that resistance to criticism people don't grow, they don't improve, they become validation junkies always searching for their next Internet fix. They only way they are really ever going to learn is to fail in real life, possibly hurt themselves. It is the way I learned before an Internet and maybe it is the way it needs to happen again.

In the mean time I am happy to call this island of reality in an otherwise ocean of diarrhea, and the comically blowhard character of Geeto67 home.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

You can't save everyone. I am alive today because I suffered at the hands of some stupid previous owners and lived to tell the tale and am wiser for it. Some won't be so lucky and some will be 10 times luckier.

Here is the fundamental problem I have with the current cafe attitude - if you don't use the absolute most dick sucking language to point out their flaws, the new crop of Internet hero wannabes is going to take a defensive stance and call you an asshole or a troll or hater or some other not nice name. From that resistance to criticism people don't grow, they don't improve, they become validation junkies always searching for their next Internet fix. They only way they are really ever going to learn is to fail in real life, possibly hurt themselves. It is the way I learned before an Internet and maybe it is the way it needs to happen again.

In the mean time I am happy to call this island of reality in an otherwise ocean of diarrhea, and the comically blowhard character of Geeto67 home.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yup. Kinda like saying ok I read on a forum it hurts when you fall off a bike is alot different than laying in the weeds with your knee all hacked up and bleeding thinking "damn it HURTS when you fall off one of these things!"
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Yup. Kinda like saying ok I read on a forum it hurts when you fall off a bike is alot different than laying in the weeds with your knee all hacked up and bleeding thinking "damn it HURTS when you fall off one of these things!"
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

Raven, I would like to point out that you were incorrect about the angle iron. I actually believe it is just a flat piece of steel welded flat to the ends of the tubes. I'm guessing angle iron was deemed too heavy for a high performance application.

Raven, I would like to point out that you were incorrect about the angle iron. I actually believe it is just a flat piece of steel welded flat to the ends of the tubes. I'm guessing angle iron was deemed too heavy for a high performance application.

Sitting at the lights a little GT125 suzi pulls next to me. I freak out. I love those things, as I had the 185. He's doing the 'hug a tree while shitting,' dance via clubmans when I notice that the single down tube on the frame betweent he exhasts is cut. Not cracked. Split into two.

PULL OVER.

"what?"

PLEASE PULL OVER.

"Why?"

YOUR FRAME IS FUCKED. BAD.

Pulls over. "What?"

Frame. Fucked. Do not ride.

"What ever, who the fuck are you anyway?"

That's like, your opinion, man.

Sitting at the lights a little GT125 suzi pulls next to me. I freak out. I love those things, as I had the 185. He's doing the 'hug a tree while shitting,' dance via clubmans when I notice that the single down tube on the frame betweent he exhasts is cut. Not cracked. Split into two.

PULL OVER.

"what?"

PLEASE PULL OVER.

"Why?"

YOUR FRAME IS FUCKED. BAD.

Pulls over. "What?"

Frame. Fucked. Do not ride.

"What ever, who the fuck are you anyway?"

That's like, your opinion, man.

At that point did you slap him across the face with your cock and say "i'm big bad bob dog motherfucker and don't you forget it!!!!!"
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links