What would you do?
Close

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just had some work done on one of my bikes. I spent over 2 grand and 10 weeks of time. On my first ride I ...

What would you do?

Just had some work done on one of my bikes. I spent over 2 grand and 10 weeks of time. On my first ride I discovered my tool box opened during the ride and all the contents fell out(Lock screw wasn’t tight). On the way back my brake lever fell off, the bolt on the lever was completely loose but luckily still intact. I put in back on tighten the screw and I was back in business. Then I get home to see my fuel shut off valve was leaking and my battery is dead. None of these things were issues before I took the bike in. I have a good business relationship with this individual and I don’t want him to get offended because [u]he</u> does think highly of his own work. Would you say something? Or let it go?
    "Its amazing what can be done when you don't know you can't do it" Bill Anderson

I would be happy my wheels stayed on and not take the bike back to the shop. You might go and ask what kind of drugs his doctors have him on now and recommend he have them look into the issue. I almost forgot "I would inspect everything closely before doing more miles".

I would be happy my wheels stayed on and not take the bike back to the shop. You might go and ask what kind of drugs his doctors have him on now and recommend he have them look into the issue. I almost forgot "I would inspect everything closely before doing more miles".

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

what was the work you paid him to do? If it was something that clearly was unrelated I probably wouldn't say anything other than a passing mention, maybe. If it was stuff he had to touch in order to fix other stuff then I would def say something but be nice about it. For example if he was rebuilding the carbs after the bike had been standing for a while then he should have known not to turn the petcock on without soaking it in gas first (never move a petcock lever dry).

When I still owned my E30 there was an old timer mechanic who I used to take the car to. He did great work. One day I get the car back and there are five little things that weren't right. Turns out he was breaking in a new kid in his shop and didn't double check the kid's work, he would never have known had I said something and the kid would never have learned anything. so sometimes it pays to say something, otherwise they don't know for next time.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

what was the work you paid him to do? If it was something that clearly was unrelated I probably wouldn't say anything other than a passing mention, maybe. If it was stuff he had to touch in order to fix other stuff then I would def say something but be nice about it. For example if he was rebuilding the carbs after the bike had been standing for a while then he should have known not to turn the petcock on without soaking it in gas first (never move a petcock lever dry).

When I still owned my E30 there was an old timer mechanic who I used to take the car to. He did great work. One day I get the car back and there are five little things that weren't right. Turns out he was breaking in a new kid in his shop and didn't double check the kid's work, he would never have known had I said something and the kid would never have learned anything. so sometimes it pays to say something, otherwise they don't know for next time.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Sponsored Links