HEY! - Page 2
Close

HEY!

This is a discussion on HEY! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; hely, nice score. i bet your stoked! congrats again. tex...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HEY!

hely,

nice score. i bet your stoked! congrats again.

tex

Very sweet... congrads... now go out and ride like an idiot !!!

J "not that" D

you took that from me ya bastard!!

sweet ride!

jc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

FR
    Very cool Hely, looks like a keeper.

FR

i'm loving the bike. i am thinking about changing out the seat for a rounder ended one. i really like the old Duc single seats. anyone know where i can get one for my RD? thanks again guys.

cheers

hely

You could make one. I made one out of fiberglass for my cb750. I cost me $50 (not including the upholstery, which I haven't done yet. I just used foam, fiberglass mat, and resin from Wal-mart. It turned out good, but if I make another I'm sure it will turn out a lot better, as I learned a few things from making this one. There is also that sense of pride that comes when you can say you made parts for your bike. Jimmy

how do i go about making one of these? i've got the design drawn out...i just need some basic plans for how to make one. thanks for the heads up on that. it's definately a possibility.

cheers

hely

hely,

send me your email and i'll send you a pix. i have an extra one for sale.

tex

[email protected]

"who's scooter is that?"
    "joe clancy's"
    "where's joe clancy?"
    "sleeping!"

I bought foam (I used styrofoam sheets, but you're supposed to use urethane foam, if you use the styrofoam you have to paint it with oil based paint so it won't get eaten by the resin, I didn't but it only ate it a little and I fixed the imperfetions with fiberglass and lightweight filler). I just stacked the sheets until they were a little higher than I wanted the tallest part (bum stop) to be, then glued them together. I used sprayable glue, I hear Elmers works well but it takes forever to dry. I then traced my pattern on the top and used a hacksaw to cut it. I then traced the side pattern and cut that. Ater that I shaped it with an eletric sander and a DA, then hand sanded. When you have the shape you want you paint it (I didn't) then when it's dry you can lay on you fiberglass (cut the sheets so they fit nice, without ridges or bumps) and apply resin. You need to use a roller or putty applicator to make sure there are no bubbles. I did two layers of fiberglass. I also put a 90 degree pice of sheetmetal underneath to strengthen where the bum stop is (I broke it when I hammered the throttle befor I did this) . Then you can carve out the foam, or use gas to eat it out. After that I used filler to make it perfect (or close anyway). Jimmy

Hey...freakin sharp looking vespa too!

JohnnyB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links