Man stranded makes a motorcycle from his car
Close

This is a discussion on Man stranded makes a motorcycle from his car within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have no idea if this is true, but here's the article's text: According to Merriam-Webster, ingenuity can be defined as "skill or cleverness in ...

I have no idea if this is true, but here's the article's text:

According to Merriam-Webster, ingenuity can be defined as "skill or cleverness in devising or combining" or "cleverness or aptness of design or contrivance." We'd say that's an apt description of a Frenchman named Emile who reportedly found himself stranded in the deserts of Northwest Africa after breaking a frame rail and a suspension swingarm underneath his CitroŽn 2CV.

What to do? Why, disassemble the broken hulk and build yourself a motorcycle from its pile of parts, of course! As the story goes, Emile was able to use the inventive machine to escape the desert, though not before convincing the local authorities that he wasn't an insurgent and paying a fine for importing a non-conforming vehicle...

Since Emile was the only soul in the area, nobody has been able to confirm the veracity of the events that led to the little French runabout's conversion into a makeshift motorcycle. That said, judging by the images you can see here (apparently from the March 2003 issue of 2CV Magazine), this CitroŽn-bred two-wheeler does indeed exist, and it was definitely fashioned from parts scavenged from an old 2CV.

Emile, wherever you are, we take our hats off to your real-life MacGyver skills, sir.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/23/m...wbauto00000002

this thing again? makes the rounds every couple of years....
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I thought I could use the money a Nigerian prince offered to share from his inheritance (in exchange for a little cash from me to help him process it) and buy that oddball machine. If its been making the rounds I guess somebody else bought it, but maybe when I get that promised money I could...

Sponsored Links