New age cr750
Close

New age cr750

This is a discussion on New age cr750 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm not sure how well the fairing works, but I do like how the seller took the pictures. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New age cr750

New age cr750

I'm not sure how well the fairing works, but I do like how the seller took the pictures. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

that bike is pretty radical, been around for some time too as I remember seeing it a few years ago. I'd love to know how functional the whole package is since the original cr750 used a stock cb frame and this one is raked to compensate for the modern forks.

I still don't know what to think when there are folks whose first question is "can it be registered for the street?" I see that so often I want to puke, or beat their brains out. Dumb shits. Get a life. Get a brain and use it. Get a bike from a dealer. Stop looking at bikes that shouldn't be registered.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i like the fairing. it looks like a concept motorcycle. dunno about the painted number board. i'd probably leave it all silver. i think it's a pretty trick bike. i put it into my ebay to see if it sells and what for. i wish the guy lotsa luck. damn, looking at that one pic with the rockies as a backdrop makes me nostalgic. i was a bozeman boy for a year.

-montana tex

"who's scooter is that?"
    "joe clancy's"
    "where's joe clancy?"
    "sleeping!"

quote:
    I still don't know what to think when there are folks whose first question is "can it be registered for the street?" I see that so often I want to puke, or beat their brains out. Dumb shits. Get a life. Get a brain and use it. Get a bike from a dealer. Stop looking at bikes that shouldn't be registered.
    No shit..hehe.
    Probably some doofus wants to ride it down to the starbucks.
    JohnnyB

quote:

There are tons more street riders than there are track only riders so I can understand this question. Also the bike has street tires, a headlight, and most of the engine mods are not so radical that it can't be used on the street (yes even the open pipes, but o don;t know about those v-stacked CR carbs). If I bought that bike hell yeah I would ride it on the street, I think it has more business there than on a race track since it is not built as a dedicated race bike either.

What gets me is that the response to the question is that the bike is currently registered for the street, yet it has no tail/brake light. It is a stock cb750 frame (sort of) so I imagine you can register it for the street but in its current config I highly doubt you could get 10 feet without getting pulled over.

Not everybody uses their bike to go just to starbucks. Some of us actually use them as basic transportation. My current boss has a restored tank shift panhead harley (not a chopper) that he rides to work as often as he can.

Since you don't spend a lot of time at the track...let me tell you...that's a track bike.

Lets see you ride farther than the starbucks with that seat and those clipons, the open pipes, no rear fender etc etc...let's hope it doesn't rain.
    On the street that's a starbucks bike plain and simple. On the race track it can use all that fancy shit that's hung on it....most street riders don't realize it...but that stuff is there to perform on the track...not look good on the street.

My first bike was a 1946, 45 CID flathead solo, tank shift, foot clutch, left hand spark retard, right hand throttle. Would do all of 50mph...rode it every day. Built every nut and bolt in it.

Yes....that's right...I've seen, rode...and done it all.

I rule!

Scroll down

Yes I rule!!!!

JohnnyB

scroll down....hehehe...

i have a buddy whos daily ride is a 55 t110. starts 1st kick. he'll ride it anywhere. really nice patinad motorcycle all original. and id agree, thats not a street bike unless youre riding it to starbucks. and the dicks who sit outside will no doubt complain about the pipes!

jc

quote:
    My first bike was a 1946, 45 CID flathead solo, tank shift, foot clutch, left hand spark retard, right hand throttle. Would do all of 50mph...rode it every day. Built every nut and bolt in it.
    My first friend was also a fat head, tank shift, foot in his ass, left handed retard. And all he did was 50mph too.

Jeremy your left handed right?

Aaron

doh!!!

big nelson ha ha there.

jc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links