When is the NYC bike show? - Page 2
Close

When is the NYC bike show?

This is a discussion on When is the NYC bike show? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; before it was a joint venture it was two seperate parties - the peak point barbeque and the barbeque at matchless. I was at both ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    before it was a joint venture it was two seperate parties - the peak point barbeque and the barbeque at matchless. I was at both of those at least once (though taka may have been doing his barbeque since the 1990s, I am not sure - derby might know better). I was at the first joint one because I promised Seth I would help out and the VJMC donated prizes for the bike show (really I donated prizes for the bike show as a vjmc rep). I have been to everyone of them since because I have been involved in all except the one held at Drive In Studios (west side of manhattan, one block over from red rock). The show this year will be the first time I will not be working the show since the drive in studio show).
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

wow joe, you are already tired of all the cool stuff the rest of us have just discovered. nelson? isn't that like the worst track in the Northeast? are you riding or just watching races?

soto took his entire family to the the west side vjmc thing. i saw you there and cemented my hipster status. it's a fun event, but given a day of riding, i've lately been more inclined to head north into the mountains than south into brooklyn.

shit thats right!!!! soto was there. wow....i remember that. i had totally forgotten about that. that was back when i had my alex soto crush. haha. hes a hot latin lover. how many years ago was that? seems like forever.

plan is to race. if you havnt been to nelson, you have no room to comment. :-) its awesome. i like tracks with history. and nelson has it. its a dump, but the layout is fantastic. the average highest speed track wera goes to. its bumpy, but its a blast. its always fun.

mountains sound way better.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

The history is fuzzy (all that ashai) but if I recall correctly, Taka threw the peak point shows from 2004-06 at his shop in Astoria. Erik Green and I went to the second one in '05. Small bbq - amazing bikes, pretty girls, Japanese punk bands (sum total = awesome). 2006 was the first joint show - the west side show (I was out of town). Then in 2007 - joint block party at Bar Matchless. 2008 on - block party at the new Works Engineering location on North 14th. I will be there this year - probably in my car, with my son in a stroller - cause I'm gangster like that.

by the way....you are welcome for the info that i provided to you mickey.
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Derby, if you are bringing the wife as well, how about we put both our wives and both our kids in one car and take the bikes over?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Thanks, Tec!!!! This year I promise not to be rude and leave without introducing myself.

The date is the same week of my wife's vaca. I asked her today if she wanted to head up with the girls and she didn't seem into it, its the week before they start back to school. Soooo that leaves me trying to weigh riding up vs driving up. Riding means a nice long day with me and my bike, but with a tad anxiety of being left on the side of the road should my bike decide to crap out on me, annnnd no room for pie. If I drive up I'd like to take my XB for the obvious mileage advantage but more so because the other car sits too low and I don't car to rip my front bumper off in the city, but the Scion is on CL now and may be gone come the 26th. Either car does mean pies will be served.
    1988 FZ600

You will be fine with a low car in the city, its not that bad. Mine is low, and geeto drives this eurotrash wagon that is low with skirts...

You replaced the one 911 with a 996?
    Im really thinking about getting one, but not sure I want a car that old for a daily, ive been spoiled with warranties for too long
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

If I drive the 996 up, Jag, you're more than welcome to take for a drive.
    1988 FZ600

Wanta drag race in the mid town tunnel?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links