Harley Davidson Observations - Page 3
Close

Harley Davidson Observations

This is a discussion on Harley Davidson Observations within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Modified is just that. You are allowed a certain amount of mods to a stock frame. Nothing spectacular. I never saw JDees Buell. So I ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Modified is just that. You are allowed a certain amount of mods to a stock frame. Nothing spectacular. I never saw JDees Buell. So I can't comment on the mods. But they are limited. And Production is just that Production. NO external mods allowed except for removing mirrors and turn signals.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Is it sporty? no. Is it fast? fuck no. Is it good looking? meh. Does it have any quality a seasoned motorcyclist would find attractive? not in the least. Is it perfect for a new rider? absolutley!

for a guy who constantly shits on small bikes I have to ask have you ever ridden one?
    My 125cc RD is 10x more exciting. hell my pv50 suzuki was 5x more exciting. I am no motogp superstar and wasn't even thinking of pushing the bike when I tried it yet I scraped the (saggy due to lame frame design) peg in the very 1st turn. It leaks oil, doesn't go anywhere.
    Bad bike from a good idea is not a good bike. If low seat height is a bonus I give you that.

Anyway - I really don't think it discredits your broader statements. Just messing.
    -

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Is it sporty? no. Is it fast? fuck no. Is it good looking? meh. Does it have any quality a seasoned motorcyclist would find attractive? not in the least. Is it perfect for a new rider? absolutley!

for a guy who constantly shits on small bikes I have to ask have you ever ridden one?
    My 125cc RD is 10x more exciting. hell my pv50 suzuki was 5x more exciting. I am no motogp superstar and wasn't even thinking of pushing the bike when I tried it yet I scraped the (saggy due to lame frame design) peg in the very 1st turn. It leaks oil, doesn't go anywhere.
    Bad bike from a good idea is not a good bike. If low seat height is a bonus I give you that.

Anyway - I really don't think it discredits your broader statements. Just messing.
    -

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I rode one. A friend of mine bought a stock one back in 2007 and he let me take it for a spin. OMG was it slow. And boring. and yes in final execution in stock trim it is terrible. and for a 6'5" dude like me it was way too uncomfortable. But unlike a small bike you could take it on the highway without it exploding.

we are all just messing around. you mentioned the blast and I just really wanted an excuse to talk about the blast cuz it is fun.

The only thing that makes it redeemable in my eyes is that it is still half a sportster. Which means it can use all the sporty speed tricks and parts and that there was already a network of places across the country to get parts; and they are cheap. like $500 cheap sometimes. which means sooner or later someone is going to figure out how to start racing them and then the trouble starts and the prices go up...

There aren't that many 500cc produced in the modern age. There is the RE, and the blast, and that's about it. If someone figures out how to build faux goldstars around the engine - look out cooler than thou cafe kids as well.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Yeah I rode one. A friend of mine bought a stock one back in 2007 and he let me take it for a spin. OMG was it slow. And boring. and yes in final execution in stock trim it is terrible. and for a 6'5" dude like me it was way too uncomfortable. But unlike a small bike you could take it on the highway without it exploding.

we are all just messing around. you mentioned the blast and I just really wanted an excuse to talk about the blast cuz it is fun.

The only thing that makes it redeemable in my eyes is that it is still half a sportster. Which means it can use all the sporty speed tricks and parts and that there was already a network of places across the country to get parts; and they are cheap. like $500 cheap sometimes. which means sooner or later someone is going to figure out how to start racing them and then the trouble starts and the prices go up...

There aren't that many 500cc produced in the modern age. There is the RE, and the blast, and that's about it. If someone figures out how to build faux goldstars around the engine - look out cooler than thou cafe kids as well.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

id buy one. just cuz everyone hates them. that means inevitable they will be the cm400 of 2025.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

id buy one. just cuz everyone hates them. that means inevitable they will be the cm400 of 2025.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Over last winter Len opened his Buell out to 600cc. Not being a Buell expert (and having been around too long to ask his secrets) I don't know what he did to open it out. But he has the 650 sidecar record at El Mirage at 120. He was supposed to show up at Bonneville this year but for some reason didn't. He has obviously figured out how to make it fly. I opened the Weslake out to 546cc to run in the same class. Funny thing is I had no idea Len was doing the same thing. But the Weslake ran 132 top at Bonneville this year.

Over last winter Len opened his Buell out to 600cc. Not being a Buell expert (and having been around too long to ask his secrets) I don't know what he did to open it out. But he has the 650 sidecar record at El Mirage at 120. He was supposed to show up at Bonneville this year but for some reason didn't. He has obviously figured out how to make it fly. I opened the Weslake out to 546cc to run in the same class. Funny thing is I had no idea Len was doing the same thing. But the Weslake ran 132 top at Bonneville this year.

I have wanted to build a chopper off a blast engine for sometime now. For no other reason then I think it would look funny. Too many projects stand in the way.

Cool! ---RIP

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links