cycle magazine
Close

cycle magazine

This is a discussion on cycle magazine within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Your best motor bike magazine and why? One consistantly good at what it does..lets take a head count.. Years back in my car building life,HOT ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cycle magazine

cycle magazine

Your best motor bike magazine and why? One consistantly good at what it does..lets take a head count..

Years back in my car building life,HOT ROD and HOT RODDING were kings of bolt-on bits for power and looks,catering to those thru the 70's and early 80's, with seamingly unlimited cash flow, while pushing and promoting their advertizers donated goodies.. then there was CARCRAFT..they/it being a more grass roots,do it yourself magazine,guiding and teaching, using whats available to the common man with out going to Cali. for the latest and greatest..
    I'm more of a CARCRAFT guy
    Recommend a good title and why.. Thanks
    78' SR500
    64' YG1S
    15' XT250

I like motorcycle classics-- that may not be the exact name - the one published here in the USA. Also like motorcycle consumer news.

Not much interest in new bikes so don't get the big name mags, though I do miss reading Peter egan's column.

Cafe Racer
    Great mag, the editor really has his finger up the ass of the hobby and knows what people want to read.
    Amazing pictures, real deep tech articles, actuate history and lots of just great ideas

But really the USA Classic motorcycle mag is good. There are two from the UK that I find to be better, but twice the price.

Practical bike? Not really "vintage" but really interesting. They mostly deal with bikes that are just old right now.

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Now if Playboy had a motorcycle section - Hot babes and hot bikes..
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

The British classic mags.

Lately, I've been impressed with Dave Edwards's & Barnett's new Bikecraft project. But they're just getting started, so I'll hold off final judgement to see how they do in the long term.

Over the years, the one I've enjoyed the most, the longest, is Britain's Classic [&] Motorcycle Mechanics.

<center></center>

Cycle Guide R.I.P. was the best US mag back in the day without a doubt. Any of the British magazines are good including PB, Classic Racer, Classic M/C Maniacs and Classic Bike. That reminds me, it's time to sell my complete collection of Classic bike all the way back to the first one published.

quote:Originally posted by Teazer

Cycle Guide R.I.P. was the best US mag back in the day without a doubt.
    I always thought so, too. I liked the fact that they put nearly every bike on a dyno themselves, and published real results. They also rarely put ads on the same pages as their road tests...which might have been part of their undoing!

quote:Originally posted by Teazer

Cycle Guide R.I.P. was the best US mag back in the day without a doubt.
    I always thought so, too. I liked the fact that they put nearly every bike on a dyno themselves, and published real results. They also rarely put ads on the same pages as their road tests...which might have been part of their undoing!

quote:Originally posted by Tanshanomi

Lately, I've been impressed with Dave Edwards's & Barnett's new Bikecraft project. But they're just getting started, so I'll hold off final judgement to see how they do in the long term.

Over the years, the one I've enjoyed the most, the longest, is Britain's Classic [&] Motorcycle Mechanics.

<center></center>
    i have MCM dating back to mid 70's when i 1st started buying it, i very rarely buy it now because its full of GSXR's and the like, which i will never consider to be 'classics' .
    'old hooligan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links